1985 Chevrolet C10 Silverado...

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
So, as some of y'all already know, I picked up a good old V-8 pick-em-up truck.

350 small block with 700R4 Overdrive Transmission. 750 Edelbrock Carb. Gets down the road just fine. Though, with the big carb, I might as well just light my wallet on fire.

Original bench seat is really beat up, so I will be replacing it with this:

Plan is to do a 2/2 drop. Fix/replace any damaged sheet metal. Repaint. Repair/Customize the interior.

Drive the wheels off of it.

Put a pair of CV carbs from a CB350 on there, you'll be fine.

I'm sure it's not practical for you, but some bucket seats would look real nice instead of the bench seat. And 31" tires. That'll help keep the fuel gauge on Empty.

Cool. nice and simple, and yeah the 350 no matter what size carb or even EFI sucks gas like it is free.

I did a quickie 'chop job for ya...

justinc10_zpse4a7c2e3.jpg

Nah.....get some 33" mud / snow tires on 15" rusted rims. Who needs a turning radius anyway?

Ahh these old trucks have a soft spot in my heart. I prefer 78s and older as they have the single round headlight and better styling in my opinion.

If you want the truck to be easier on gas drop the 750 and put a 650 on it and it won't be so bad.

My 78 had a 305 with a th350 with a stage 2 shift kit and the thing was fun to drive.

Nice truck, brother. 700R4- that's gotta be like an '82? My old man has a '79 with the Bonanza package, but a long bed, that I've been trying to wrangle from him for 3 years. He stole the transmission from my 78 Chevy van when I went into the military to put in that truck, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom