Used Rearsets

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
Does anybody have some used rearsets they will like to sell? Send me some pics at ms-collectibles@hotmail.com

Thanks

What specifically are you looking for? Levers, or levers and mounting plates? Which bike?

Tintin said:
What specifically are you looking for? Levers, or levers and mounting plates? Which bike?

I am looking for something like this, but used of course for a 1969 CB350.
d72b_12.JPG

Ahhh. Tarozzi levers. Not sure if they made brackets for the CB350. Might have to make your own brackets. I've never seen a set of Tarozzi levers for sale used - new sets are about $120 or so, but you'd need to make brackets to mount to the frame and the connecting rods etc. to connect to the brake and shifter.

I'm doing all of this now for my XS650 project. I have those same levers but in black with black rubber folding pegs.

Would like to get a set like that, also. My problem is the big a$$ rose joint that I would need to activate the rear brake. Mounting and rods would be no problem.

I would need one big enough to replace the brake lever. This is my pedal assembly. Anyone know where I can get one?

pedal.gif

That brake pedal looks like it's a great candidate for a hack. Cut it, file the end, drill a hole for the rod-end bolt and then paint it.

I've got the same problem. I have extra shifter-side attachments if you need one - picked up a bunch of shifter levers that all had the rods and 'rose-joints' or whatever the thing is called that clamps onto the shifter shaft.

Unfortunately my brake lever is a little more 'round' and beefy. Yours looks like it's relatively flat and straight off the clamp. What model bike is it again?

I'm planning a visit to a salvage yard, and will take my brake 'shaft' with me (part 9 in your diagram) with hopes of finding something I can make work.

It's a 93 250 Nighthawk.

I thought of the hack job ;D but it's a daily driver also. If it doesn't work, I'd need a spare lever to put it back so I could drive it.

I'd go hunting for another matching lever at a salvage yard. Should cost $10 and you're off to the races with a hacksaw and grinder. Is the lever alloy? I'd almost think so given the diagram - looks like a great candidate. How big is the hole for the brake spline? I might hunt for one like that myself.

Back
Top Bottom