Going to look at a Virago 750 tonight. Questions.

theadamie

Hey, I'm hoping to start my build soon. I'm really hoping to pull off something similar to Greg Hageman or Stanley Tang's bike. I know I need Greg's sub-frame and possibly his gas tank mount. Do I need a separate seat pan if I use the same MotoLanna seat that these guys did?

How much does Greg charge for his sub-frames and gas tank mount brackets? I can't get a hold of him and he doesn't have any current listings on ebay -_-;;

I thought it would help if I could figure this out before I went to look at the bike, just in case they were unreasonable prices. I've tracked down most of the other parts I would need. Thanks!

hillsy said:
I think this might be the guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Virago-Cafe-Racer-sub-frame-kit-/151419099965?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2341481b3d&vxp=mtr#ht_118wt_966

Be prepared to fork out over $600 for a spoked rear wheel if you want to ditch the cruiser mag that's already on there.

Damn, I found something else that I thought was what I needed. I might postpone this project if this is the case... I found the price for DocChop's subframe that works with the MotoLanna seat and it was about $600 as well. I'm not sure if this one that you posted would work or not.

Back
Top Bottom