Let's see your pickup trucks

Pete12 said:
Not like you guys have in America, but this is my pick-up from Australia. Its a factory Ford with a 5 litre blown motor that has just under 420kW (560hp) at the rear wheels. It's pretty quick...
What I would do to get one of those or a Holden Ute in the US. I don't understand why they don't think there's a market for them here.

Not made here for much longer. I have to admit that is a nice looking ute Pete. Much prefer Falcons over commondores.

irk miller said:
What I would do to get one of those or a Holden Ute in the US. I don't understand why they don't think there's a market for them here.
I've often thought the same. We don't even have a compact truck on the market that does crap all for fuel mileage, though I'm curious to see how the newest wave of compact diesels do. There are so many vehicles on the market that seem like they would lend themselves to a pickup version too, with all the compact suv's on the market. Well, basically like they do in the rest of the world lol

I think its the largely due to the fact that it is perceived that any vehicle needs the ability to (comfortably) transport more than two adults. Even in full size trucks, outside of base model work type trucks, it's nearly impossible to buy a single cab anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
it's nearly impossible to buy a single cab anything.

It took me 6 months and a trip to NJ (I was still in Philly) to find my single cab Ram that was fully loaded with the ST package. Everything was quad cabs. The truck showed up on the lot the day before I showed up and drove away with it.

irk miller said:
It took me 6 months and a trip to NJ (I was still in Philly) to find my single cab Ram that was fully loaded with the ST package. Everything was quad cabs. The truck showed up on the lot the day before I showed up and drove away with it.
Yep, even my 01 Chevy was ordered by my uncle. It's not loaded but it's Single cab, short bed, v8, and push button 4x4. Even then he couldn't find that combo new, so he ordered it.

Hurco550 said:
I think its the largely due to the fact that it is perceived that any vehicle needs the ability to (comfortably) transport more than two adults. Even in full size trucks, outside of base model work type trucks, it's nearly impossible to buy a single cab anything.

I have a "Space cab" Ford ranger (non US) and it seats 4. Has 2 full doors and 2 half door. 2+2 Style seating. The tray is nearly as big as a single cab and can fit a CBR1000RR and GSXR1000 side by side (ask me how I know lol) Something like that or the new Aussie designed ranger would do great in the US I would imagine.

And with all that expertise, the Ozzie gubbamint decided it didn't need auto manufacturing in OZ any more. Very sad.

At least Ford has a decent engineering group in Geelong close to the old engine plant.

irk miller said:

I don't understand that either Irk. I know that generally the US want utes that can carry more than two, but I bet there's a whole shitload that just want a single seater two people carrier...

Brodie said:
I have to admit that is a nice looking ute Pete. Much prefer Falcons over commondores.

Thanks Brodie, I agree. The Commodore with any HP (Maloo) is very hard to see out the rear of anyway, and is nowhere near as quick as this.

The ol girl got new brake lines, Pittman and idler arms, u joints and 09 take-off wheels with fresh tires. I was thinking I needed a new truck, but then I remember how much I like this old turd.
4e917bbb4be1e6fe613f627599ca06e0.jpg

I had a '96 hand me down with almost 300k before the initial frame recalls. I didn't want to get rid of it but would have been crazy not to trade it in when Toyota offered blue book plus half on an old truck.

Still think about the old girl sometimes :'(

Not actually mine, but I couldn't help myself...

Attachments

• DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 235
Back
Top Bottom