Sparck Moto FB-11 Presale

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
OK folks...

We finally have a working prototype design for our fuse box and we're going to production!

At this point in the process, we have not yet finalized a manufacturer and we're still investigating a couple of different options, but the design work is complete and tested on a few different bikes. What you see in the attached picture is the main portion of what you'll be receiving (color of the board may vary), but will also include a full set of fuses (all will be 10A) and the lid of the enclosure will have a sticker with each circuit listed so that you can label it for your own use. Printed installation instructions will also be included. The enclosure will be unmodified, so you will need a drill (drill press recommended) to complete the installation.

We're offering this pre-sale option to help handle initial production codes, which are expected to be several thousand dollars.

Pre-sale price on these boards is $100 for one board or $90 each for more than one. Depending on the manufacturer we go with, final retail price will be between the $125 and $150 mark, meaning you might save as much as 40% by ordering early. We will also be offering a separate off-board subharness that will include a 30A relay and main fuse. These subharness will be offered to early adopters at $25 each and will later be available for purchase at $40 each.

We're probably going to run this pre-sale for a couple of months, but the actual time is yet undermined. Once we have finalized the manufacturer and decided on initial run quantities, I'll let everyone know about the closing date.

If you're up for it, please let me know and I will send you a PayPal invoice.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions here, or by email at info@sparckmoto.com.

Thanks again for all the help with this,
Matt

Attachments

• fb11.jpg
    fb11.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 363
Forgot to mention: External mounting brackets are also available at $5 each.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,074
Nice, if I have to do any re-wiring on the virago I am fixing I will have one of these. I haven't looked to see if it has been hacked yet or not.

Full dimensions of the enclosure attached.

Attachments

• enclosure.png
    enclosure.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,103
firebane said:
Affordable.

Do you have a electrical schematic of how the device works?

I have a schematic we used to design the box, but I'm still working on the version that will be distributed with the box for the end-user. The diagram will include the purpose of all of the terminals and the corresponding fuse locations.

Awesome! Congrats; it's an impressive design and you worked your ass off to get it here.

Can you give a run-down on the specs for this thread? How many circuits/relays, etc.?

Nine circuits, but three of the terminals are on a single circuit. 11 total power plugins (hence the name, FB-11). Three of these connections are "always on", so you can hook up anything that might require power while the bike is off (some gauges, battery tender, etc).

There are three onboard relays, two are Single Throw (basically on/off switches) routed directly from the battery (this can help with high draw components such as the ignition coils). The other relay is Double Throw and is intended to be used for the headlight (high and low beam). This relay is basically always on when the bike is on, but swaps between it's two outputs. So your low beam would be on when the bike is, but then triggering the relay would swap the output over from the low beam to the high beam.

Additionally, each fused circuit has an LED to indicate if the circuit is complete. If the fuse blows, the LED goes out.

the fuse lights are great, I popped a fuse while monkeying with a circuit and it blinked out and I knew the fuse went. Finished repairing the wire and then new fuse and all good again. Also there is a little blue LED that is always on to know the board has power. It lights my shop like a nightlight right now, bikes on a tender so no worries about drain and also Matt said it would take 250+ days for it to run down the battery. I also used one of the always on for the after market gauge I bought and it was very easy to wire up. I managed to re-do my entire harness after the crash, the original was destroyed and it went really smooth.

Current capacity for the boards is design limited to 15 amps given a 50c rise in temp (copper temp) per terminal. Relays are 15a on the NO terminals.

AAANNNNNDDDD we finally have a manufacturer!

A sample is currently being produced and will be in my hands in the next couple of weeks. If everything checks out, we just need to get several grand together to get things started.

Thanks for the patience!

And we have our sample from the manufacturer!

Everything tests OK on this end. I've just shipped out it to eyhonda for further testing. Pending his approval, we're going to production on our first run.

Last call for the pre-sale!

Attachments

• 20170713_174643.jpg
    20170713_174643.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 302
The production version shouldn't be using the red LED. This was just a spare they had laying around and I said it would be fine to use.

And we've passed all our tests. I'm putting in the production order.

Last call for pre-orders!

Back
Top Bottom