What did you build this week?

Yep boilers can be a bitch for code... I used to build pedestals for huge ones in universities and hospitals, big rebar and tight spaces don't mix

Cut 80' of pickets for length this morning already... Not bad for an old guy lol

1a63990c3c90f7525638af1c81f9363f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Haha....old guy LOL
I know youre stacking them 3-5 at a time and chopping.....but good job

Tore down an old fleetwood popup trailer where the interior was junk from sitting open in the rain for a few years. Stripped down to frame, welded in uprights for sides. Just finished building the gate today. Gonna be chock full of motorcycles, bikes and tools for the move at the end of the month. Should be about a $350 project all said and done.

770533efe27d29d8c8ba74e5a000e75c.jpg

961d1b5d6d95715fefa4ef667c9041b3.jpg

7abf5a747a8b09bce2790541e073fdfe.jpg

865e2cabc8de9ab4d195c20647727036.jpg

Fenders cut out and bent in the brake. Got a weak little brake so I had to score the underside to get em to bend. Guy at the steel company gave me a 2x4' sheet of 14ga for nothing since he couldn't find it in the system. Lucky enough to get 2 fenders out of it

96edda0f031dafb66fa852c53a2e1997.jpg

Wanted a place to hang out with my buddies when they come over, away from the drama of the women folk so I built a "man" deck

Nothing huge, 12x10, just a chill place with some cool features

I wanted to have a cooler available but I didn't want it just sitting on the deck so I came up with this

Put up a shade sail, one more still to put up, and started digging for a small retaining wall

Finished the wall up today, well almost, 4 blocks short

Still to do, backfill the wall with gravel and fab up a fire pit

Wanted a whiskey fountain for the deck, but I couldn't quite make that happen. Came up with this instead...

Screwed 2 pieces of teak together and drilled a hole down the middle, coated the inside with some epoxy so it would be water tight

Drilled a hole in the front half for the spigot, installed the spigot, epoxied and screwed the halves back together. Was in the zone so I didn't get any pics of all that stuff. Had to come up with a way to seal the bottom back up since I drilled all the way through, so I taped up over the bottom and poured some epoxy down into the hole

Filled it with water overnight to check for leaks, not a drop.
This is the finished product, just need to work on a mount that will enable it to be portable so I can take it from the man deck to wherever bourbon is needed

Nice work. Your dedication to men and man time is second to none.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Rotor for the cam on my 360.

Electronic ignition time.

Attachments

• DSCF4925.JPG
    DSCF4925.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 242
billyp said:
I wanted to have a cooler available but I didn't want it just sitting on the deck so I came up with this

evilest.gif

;D :p ;D :p ;D

Watching your buddies reach below grade for beer after beer will provide hours of entertainment as the day/night goes on ;D

I fabbed up the porch light for the shop last night.
This started as an '81 CB750F seat cowl and taillight assembly scored from Vandito (thanks again dude ;))
IMG_8911_zpst5dr8xjn.jpg

I sectioned it out for a verticle mounting surface...
IMG_8945_zpsjzpwm22c.jpg

I then gutted the 12v fixtures and fitted 110v puck lights...
IMG_8947_zpspkmvxgq3.jpg

Testing the new rig for function...
IMG_8944_zpsfyni513b.jpg

Trimmed an old chunk of plywood to mimic the shape and added a few L brackets. Final mock-up...
IMG_8948_zps78c1cdzn.jpg

After a good cleaning, and some rattle can paint. Final functionality testing...
FullSizeRender_zpsxj9ffye1.jpg

Installed...
FullSizeRender_zpsmymm26ll.jpg

Redbird said:
I fabbed up the porch light for the shop last night.
This started as an '81 CB750F seat cowl and taillight assembly scored from Vandito (thanks again dude ;))
IMG_8911_zpst5dr8xjn.jpg

I sectioned it out for a verticle mounting surface...
IMG_8945_zpsjzpwm22c.jpg

I then gutted the 12v fixtures and fitted 110v puck lights...
IMG_8947_zpspkmvxgq3.jpg

Testing the new rig for function...
IMG_8944_zpsfyni513b.jpg

Trimmed an old chunk of plywood to mimic the shape and added a few L brackets. Final mock-up...
IMG_8948_zps78c1cdzn.jpg

After a good cleaning, and some rattle can paint. Final functionality testing...
FullSizeRender_zpsxj9ffye1.jpg

Installed...
FullSizeRender_zpsmymm26ll.jpg

it all makes sense now.

Ha!!
I imagined the look on your face when I said "You can break those ears off if you need to..." :p

I used to have a silver '82 900F, so this was a cool nostalgia project :)

Redbird said:
evilest.gif

;D :p ;D :p ;D

Watching your buddies reach below grade for beer after beer will provide hours of entertainment as the day/night goes on ;D

HA! Didn't even think of that. The cooler is actually reachable from one of my low plastic adirondack chairs, it sits on some framing and the lid is just under the hatch. But I like your idea better, free entertainment! May have to take out the framing...

Finished the wall, added some gravel and got all the shades up

deck6_zpsoz2nle7a.jpg

And the piece of resistance...the fire pit

firepit2_zpsgevryh1h.jpg

firepit1_zpsk8glvkgy.jpg

Not exactly this week...but heres a floating shelf I built out of Spanish Cedar and copper pipe. Joins are 45* miters with inset biscuits. Hangs on routed keyholes about 3/16" deep.

Got sick of not having a place for gloves/hand cleaner and a paper towel rack. So I solved all those problems at once! 8)

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8689.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 293
Back
Top Bottom