Cb360 not charging after combo reg/rect install

That's good news. So it sounds like I should be good once I get the correct headlight in there. Going to attempt that tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connected the new headlight and tested charging volts at the battery. Still seems a bit low but not as bad as before. The bike wasn't really warmed up yet though. Not sure if that matters.

http://youtu.be/Lh-4tuICAik

Still a little low, yeah. I saw voltage continue to climb even though revs were holding still, though. That's usually a sign that your battery was charging. A fully charged battery will result in overall higher voltages.

That looks pretty normal, it would have gone fair bit higher if you had held rpm over 3K. At 4K it's fine.
Just don't leave it idling with brake light on and flashers running unless you fit LED 'bulbs'(red lights and junctions)

Got the new headlight installed yesterday and went for a ride. My voltmeter on the bike was reading steady charging volts as I was riding and the battery was at 12.9 volts after a 10 minute ride! That doesn't seem long but she was dying on me sooner than that before. I also felt my reg/rect after the ride and it was just slightly warm to the touch so I don't think it's being over worked. Going to ride to work today and see how it holds up! I ordered some LED turn signal bulbs and an electronic flasher relay last night to replace my current bulbs since one was blown anyway.

Here's a couple photos with my new HID headlight from ddm tuning. The only thing I don't like about it is how focused the beam is. Going to see if there's a way to back the bulb up in the housing a little to spread the beam out more. I was very surprised that all the wiring and ballast fit in the headlight bucket.

c0a693a3c298c875d5f38c3479f3790e.jpg

e44fc47033d96b91dc40202b9d6e4720.jpg

I took a few short rides today, each longer than the last, and put about 20 miles on the bike. Each time I got braver and went a longer distance. And every time I'd get back I would check my battery voltage and it was at around 12.8 volts. I'm super excited about this. Thank you all for all the insight you've given me. There are 2 lessons to be learned here. 1: only change one thing at a time. 2: always check items you buy to make sure they sent you the right part!

I put about 30 more miles on the bike friday. went for a ride on the highway for a while and through stop and go traffic. Got back and my battery was at 12.6 volts. things are looking good.

Hope everything is now fixed, time to have a bunch of fun riding around 8)

Back
Top Bottom