Suzuki GT250 petcock, or lack thereof.

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
Have a GT250...

Need a petcock...

Stock ones don't exist or are NOS and $250...

I'm told that possibly, I can use a GS450 piece but I'm not sure. $50 for a brand new one is a good deal but not if it doesn't work. Anyone know what would work 100%?

Thanks all.

Does a gt380 one work? If you have a pic of the 250 one I could dig. I have three gt380 ones.

Measure the distance center to center of the bolt holes on the tank. I think it was 44mm. If that's what it is then search "petcock 44mm" and there are a few that come up. Mostly new ones but if you want a used one make a note of the models and then search "GSwhatever petcock" Then you should be able to find a used one but ask the seller to verify the distance between the holes.

There is also a Pingel adapter that is 44mm and adapts to a male thread setup. That would cost a few bucks but may be the way to go. There would be no vacuum to piss with.

Big Rich said:
Ever figure out the bolt spacing and the oval hole offset?

I did Rich, then I lost the info. Haha... I'm in TX until next Wed or so. I'll get the measurements again when I get home.

cosworth said:
Does a gt380 one work? If you have a pic of the 250 one I could dig. I have three gt380 ones.

I think it would Cosworth. Shoot me a PM with a price if ya could please. Thanks.

Powderfinger said:
Measure the distance center to center of the bolt holes on the tank. I think it was 44mm. If that's what it is then search "petcock 44mm" and there are a few that come up. Mostly new ones but if you want a used one make a note of the models and then search "GSwhatever petcock" Then you should be able to find a used one but ask the seller to verify the distance between the holes.

There is also a Pingel adapter that is 44mm and adapts to a male thread setup. That would cost a few bucks but may be the way to go. There would be no vacuum to piss with.

Right on man. Thanks. Worst case scenario I'll make my own adapter plate and use a universal (read: inexpensive) petcock. Again, I'm stuck 1200 miles from home at the moment but will get at it as soon as I get back to PA.

If a GT380 petcock will work, so will a GT550 petcock. They use the same tank. That opens up more options for finding used ones if you end up having to go to a salvage yard or eBay.

Those two petcocks have different fuel outputs. The carbs get single feed or multiple feed.

The 380 petcock is single feed.

Von and I discussed this before. The GT250 has a unique petcock when cross referencing the part number. But that's not to say a different petcock won't work with removing the fuel filter or something.

cosworth said:
Those two petcocks have different fuel outputs. The carbs get single feed or multiple feed.

The 380 petcock is single feed.

The 550 is single feed as well for all years but '72.

Back
Top Bottom