My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

CarbsAndCylinders said:
Great idea Zooke. I'm going to try that.

Well yes it is a great idea, just wish I had known about this issue sooner and I would have had the shims made already!

cobraace2 said:
What zooke said on the carbs ;) I can't wait to vote for this beast on BOTM ;D
[/quot
cobraace2 said:
What zooke said on the carbs ;) I can't wait to vote for this beast on BOTM ;D

Thx. I have to get it finished in less than 8 weeks, that's when my son gets home from A school navy training. He and I started this project about three years ago.

You can take those later T/GT500 aluminum extensions and use those for the wedge pieces. If you need some others I have them.

zooke581 said:
You can take those later T/GT500 aluminum extensions and use those for the wedge pieces. If you need some others I have them.

Thx Eric, good idea!

Most of the wiring done! I hate this part :mad:

Attachments

• elec.JPG
    elec.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 219

mrpoopman said:
Bike is gonna look tough as nails

Thanks, I hope it IS tough! I plan on beating up on sportbikes at trackdays.

Just spent a majority of my day reading up on this build. AMAZING job and its turning out super clean.

rc51rydr said:
Just spent a majority of my day reading up on this build. AMAZING job and its turning out super clean.
Thanks!

I think I am giong to stick with my original idea for the headlights and run them naked with no cowl or front plate. I may change my mind later but for right now I like it. I managed to hide all of the wiring that was in the original headlaight bucket up under the tank.

Another headache at the moment is routing the clutch and throttle cables, the original Suzuki cable seems to be a bit long for my needs. I am also using an original Suzuki throttle cable and the bends on the end that go into the new VM34's have too much of an angle on them so I will have to try to straighten them out a bit to get a straight pull for the cable.

One thing I noticed when I took the new carbs apart, they have the heaviest slides I have ever come across!

Attachments

• lights.JPG
    lights.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 209

Started working on the finish on my seat/tail section today, I do not like trying to get a finish on raw aluminium. My plan is as suggested by Junior Burrell to have a polished stripe down the middle then the rest of it scotchbrite finish, not sure if I have the patience to do that yet.

johnu said:
Started working on the finish on my seat/tail section today, I do not like trying to get a finish on raw aluminium. My plan is as suggested by Junior Burrell to have a polished stripe down the middle then the rest of it scotchbrite finish, not sure if I have the patience to do that yet.
haha,that's awesome n cant wait to see it!!!

Well I dug out the polishing wheels that I bought about ten years ago and never used! Time to get dirty on the buffer, I will be learning how to polish as I go, Iread the tutorial on Casewells website so I have a bit of an idea.

Attachments

• polish.JPG
    polish.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 185
  • buffer.JPG
    buffer.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 211

Did some of the hand sanding down to 220.

Attachments

• tail.JPG
    tail.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 205

First go at polishing, I can't seem to get a uniform finish. Some parts are great and some of the big flat areas are not so good.

Attachments

• polish1.JPG
    polish1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 192

I am no expert at polishing but, how bout using a D/A on the flats with W/D up to 1000 grit then, blend in the curves.

Love your bike man, coolest build I have seen thus far!8)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

John, I think 220 grit is pretty coarse to start polishing? I know a fellow that's been a professional polisher for his entire career, I could ask him Monday? Do you have the big cotton wheel buffs and Rouge?
Cheers, 50gary

Gary, I ended up going down to 400 grit sanding. I have read a lot of tutorials on polishing and there are several different shcools of thought on how to go about it. Any info you are able to get will be appreciated, thanks.

When I used to take parts to be polished, they did not use wet and dry. They just used different wheels and compounds. Start with a Siail wheel and compound to cutting stainless steel and take it easy - that will cut pretty fast.

I figured it out finally, I still had way too many scratches in the ally. I decided to try my d/a palm sander with just regular sanding discs not wet&dry and it came out really smooth. Then it is pretty easy to buff it to a polish finish using first the sisal wheel with black compound then the cotton wheel with brown.

Trouble is I burned out my harbour frieght buffer (had it ten years though) so I have to get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom