DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!

Re: "77 Honda CB550 SuperSport By DWMS Cafe Racer / Joes Performance

Awesome Joe, great to see her gracing the page of DTT! Glad you came over here brother and keep up the good work. I knew you would fit in here!

Cool stuff. I'm going against the grain here, I dig the flowers. People do the lace paint on the tanks why not flowers engraved on the engine? Color looks amazing, love that burnt orange.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone!

Brother Twisted, Yeah man I have to thank you and Deviant1 for getting me over here, been meaning to join for awhile but I do not get to spend as much time on the computer as I like! I leave it on while I am wrenching and check it here and there though! Lots of cool bikes/building going on over here! Did you get my PM about the decals and such?

As for the questions, I use ceramic engine paint for inlaying the engravings, that way I can bake them to cure and they are gas and oil resistant...and for the engraving I am using a regular handheld rotary dremel with engraving bits. I kind of figured the flowers would not be a real big hit but am kind of going with a noble theme so thought they would fit in although they did not quite come out like I had hoped, but it's cool thanks for the no bullshit feedback that means a lot to me!

Thanks again to all for welcoming me in!

very cool trick!!!! that is a great idea, may have to steal that on a future build... love the motor man! stocked to see the basket you are putting it in!

Try it man, it is not stealing, we are all here to share information!

...and if you like the engine your gonna trip on the tail I am building!...but it will take me a couple weeks to complete so the mystery will remain...I will probably catch a little flack for it too as I have never seen it done...oh well got to try new shit to raise the bar! Go or blow right!

joeyputt said:
oh well got to try new shit to raise the bar! Go or blow right!

exactly. I really like your process here. Did you spray the paint on then sand/polish the overspray? Or did you go old school in do the inlay with a brush? The colours work really well together.

cheers
ian

jay_kent said:
Cool stuff. I'm going against the grain here, I dig the flowers. People do the lace paint on the tanks why not flowers engraved on the engine? Color looks amazing, love that burnt orange.

Same here! Love it.

all i have to say is dammmmmmm ..lol nice job mann

Ian, those covers have not been polished yet, I am still sanding on them getting them ready for polish, I do a lot of show quality polishing here so they will be mirrors when I get them done! As for the inlay I do them both ways, these particular covers I sprayed and then sanded off the excess as I was going to sand them down for polish anyway, but I brush in as well and also do 23k gold inlay which I brush in, it just depends upon the job as to how I go about doing it.

ethanol and sal thanks for the compliments!

Have not gotten to work on the 550 much the past few days as we having been working on the new website and got really busy in the shop this week but I will get back on the 550 in the next couple of days and post up some new pic's!

The website is still under construction and we have a lot of work left to do but we will be adding to it daily! Part of the polishing page is up now! www.dwmsracing.com

Well I had just a few to play with my 550 as we have been extremely busy here at the shop but I did manage to get the cylinder head fins sanded down on this side of the engine! Still need to polish the top shelf, clutch cover and oil pan...

000_0012.jpg

joeyputt said:
Well I had just a few to play with my 550 as we have been extremely busy here at the shop but I did manage to get the cylinder head fins sanded down on this side of the engine! Still need to polish the top shelf, clutch cover and oil pan...

000_0012.jpg

This. I dig it.

Thanks Brother I appreciate it!

Ok, I know I have not posted in a while...mostly due to being very busy here at the shop and not having extra time for my own projects but I just saw that someone was asking about something that I am currently doing to my 550 so I might as well go ahead and put it out there!

I am REVERSE PORTING my cb550...CARBS OUT FRONT...EXHAUST OUT BACK!

joeyputt said:
I am REVERSE PORTING my cb550...CARBS OUT FRONT...EXHAUST OUT BACK!

??? ???

this I gotta see ;)

ian

Re: "77 Honda CB550Four SUPER REVERSE PORT By DWMS Racing

whats up,
just read through, wicked job on the engine man. flowers or no flowers just down right awesome.
i really can't wait to see the rest and the reverse porting you are doing. i have herd of it but never seen it practiced.
this is going to be in the to 5 builds by the looks of it.
keep it up, i have a cb500 i am redoing, dropping over a grand in the engine, and problebly still wont look that good.
awesome. keep the pics coming.
later.

Supercafe thank you for such an awesome compliment, especially considering the company we have here! I really appreciate it man!

your welcome man, just telling the way i see it.
when some one puts that many hrs into the hart of the build, the rest is going to be great.
later,

what, aside from the direct flow of air, are the benefits? Are you going to run a muffler, or strait pipes?

Back
Top Bottom