Post a pic of your latest purchase

I need some new boots man... almost popped on some boots from Tractor supply but I want some redwings

I've heard great things about wolverines too, but I've tried two different pairs and they never did break in right or get comfortable for me. I loved my red wings (which is what I'm replacing with these thorogoods). They were comfy, BUT evidently they used a material in the insoles that precipitate ammonia when they get damp, making them smell like cat piss, literally. They aren't worn out after 2.5 hard years, but when I take them off after a day at work the smell will dang near peel paint.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1fasgsxr said:
Nice boots. I get a free pair once a year from work. My favorites for comfort are the timberland pro.
That's one thing I miss about working in the non school sector lol no boot allowances anymore. All my full time welding students get a pair of timberland pros at the start of class. They seem to like them.

Hurco550 said:
They were comfy, BUT evidently they used a material in the insoles that precipitate ammonia when they get damp, making them smell like cat piss, literally.

I have Redwings too. Love them. But always wondered why they could smell so bad. Now I know. Mine are just over 4 years old and are coming due to be replaced. Soles are actually beginning to go flat.

Hurco550 said:
They were comfy, BUT evidently they used a material in the insoles that precipitate ammonia when they get damp, making them smell like cat piss, literally. They aren't worn out after 2.5 hard years, but when I take them off after a day at work the smell will dang near peel paint.

lol thats kinda funny... anyway to negate this?

Hurco550 said:
I've heard great things about wolverines too, but I've tried two different pairs and they never did break in right or get comfortable for me. I loved my red wings (which is what I'm replacing with these thorogoods). They were comfy, BUT evidently they used a material in the insoles that precipitate ammonia when they get damp, making them smell like cat piss, literally. They aren't worn out after 2.5 hard years, but when I take them off after a day at work the smell will dang near peel paint.

These are the Wolverines that I wear and honestly they are comfortable right from the box, there is no break in period at least for me anyway :)

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 182
Hurco550 said:

You might just have stinky feet. Get your wife to smell them for you and let you know and the tell us what she said.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
You might just have stinky feet. Get your wife to smell them for you and let you know and the tell us what she said.
Hmm, took your advice and now I have a shiner... maybe your on to something

I have a custom knifemaker friend who lets me use his machine shop and welding equipment from time to time. I've been after one of his knives since the day we met 8 years ago, but they are, shall we say, "spendy".

Well, he has designed and produced a large batch of his new series of tactical flippers, at less than half the price of his full size hand-made models.

This is a "Lanny's Clip" tactical flipper in marbled micarta and titanium, with an S35VN blade.

414022746.jpg

414022745.jpg

Dimensionality:

414022765.jpg

Coincidentally, the knives appear almost exactly to scale in the photos, on my laptop screen; actual dimensions in the drawing above are not to scale, in case your screen varies...

Nice Cub, Irk! We bought a 1980 JD 216 in 1985, mowed for several decades with it, then it sat in an open-sided shed for another decade or so. Aired the tires, changed the oil, greased everything, changed belts, charged the battery and mowed for two years then bought a 345. For the past four years the 216 just tills the garden a couple times a year. Still on a 14 year-old battery. The old garden tractors are just as tough as the old farm tractors. Collectable, too!

pidjones said:
Nice Cub, Irk! We bought a 1980 JD 216 in 1985, mowed for several decades with it, then it sat in an open-sided shed for another decade or so. Aired the tires, changed the oil, greased everything, changed belts, charged the battery and mowed for two years then bought a 345. For the past four years the 216 just tills the garden a couple times a year. Still on a 14 year-old battery. The old garden tractors are just as tough as the old farm tractors. Collectable, too!
I'm definitely on the search for a tiller. I've noticed there are companies that still make attachments, like a front end loader for them too. I only have an acre, but it's property my regular rider was getting destroyed by. I would have to do a repair every time I had to cut. I've been having to borrow my dad's walk behind tiller when I needed it too.

irk miller said:
I'm definitely on the search for a tiller. I've noticed there are companies that still make attachments, like a front end loader for them too. I only have an acre, but it's property my regular rider was getting destroyed by. I would have to do a repair every time I had to cut. I've been having to borrow my dad's walk behind tiller when I needed it too.
Get on a couple GT forums, and soon you'll find one (Craigslist has them, also). I found ours near Omaha, and my manager let me rent an SUV for a trip to KC to help out a site. When I had finished in KC, I drove up and picked up the tiller. We already had a sleeve hitch and plow (and disk, but it didn't work well) for the 216, so hook-up was easy. Don't know how the Cub drives one, but on the JD you need a "mule" intermediate drive pully. Make sure your tiller comes with whatever is needed there as the mule can be as expensive as the tiller (ours came with one).

A buddy of mine decided to sell off all of his shop tools and move from his place to a 9th story apartment. (Not sure if he fell and hit his head or what) He made me a "friends and family" deal on his old tig welder that I couldn't pass up. Ac/dc inverter (can weld aluminum and mild or stainless steel), argon bottle, filler, gas lense, pedal, ground ect plus an oxy fuel torch set (less the bottles) for $350. Pretty excited to finally be able to tig in my own garage.
36857ebc2fe4d94f7a2305f4a2df49d8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom