I'll just leave this here...

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Dunning–Kruger effect

[quote author="Wikipedia"]The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Conversely, highly skilled individuals tend to underestimate their relative competence, erroneously assuming that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.[/quote]

Try teaching Sculpture. I evaluate according to The Dunning–Kruger effect.

Over the years I had a lot of really bright young people who worked for me. Also had a few, thankfully a very few who were not bright enough to understand how little they knew. Good to know that there is a name for that.

Interesting... I have been accused of underestimating and assuming it's easy for others... But manly by my parents concerning electronic devices On a serious note... I think maybe we (skilled individuals) all pass through this effect. I remember realizing at some point I had crossed over in my ability to fix and solve mechanical problems.

This was my dad to a TV when I was first learning how to run the milling machine, and I to him with composites.

Back
Top Bottom