Project Good Enough - Side walk build GT500

Thanks for the offer Geoffrey.
I just cant justify sending the disc halfway around the world. Twice.
I think it will be both cheaper and easier to find a new(er) one locally. Plus I like the look of modern disc on a spoked wheel.

That's fine man, the modern ones do look cool and should work well also.

Looking forward to seeing the completed project!

BTW; If you guys out there do need anything, I don't necessarily need a core exchange; I can send items out directly from my stock.

4mm is very thin. Most modern disks are 5 or sometimes 4.5mm in modern steels or ductile iron.

I've never had anyone have an issue with these updated rotors, they have been in service on the street as well as the track and have preformed flawlessly.

Hey, I could really use some encouragement right now. The weather is ace here right now, the bike starts and runs like a dream and I just want to go riding!
however, the turn signals don't flash.
All bulbs are working, grounds are good revving makes no difference. I can get the front and taillight to flash(!), but the turn signals just stay on.
They are 21w incandecent, but PO had wired in some resistors. I have tried with and without those.
Man, I hate wire stuff.

Got some chambers!
DSC_0597.JPG

test fit photos on the blog: http://makesaman.blogspot.com/2012/05/chambers.html

drøn said:
Hey, I could really use some encouragement right now. The weather is ace here right now, the bike starts and runs like a dream and I just want to go riding!
however, the turn signals don't flash.
All bulbs are working, grounds are good revving makes no difference. I can get the front and taillight to flash(!), but the turn signals just stay on.
They are 21w incandecent, but PO had wired in some resistors. I have tried with and without those.
Man, I hate wire stuff.

Get a new flasher relay. If you're using the old one (silver original that came with the bike) get rid of it. Cut the wires and re-wire the ends with female spade connectors to work with a new flasher relay. Had the same issue on my GT with newer signals.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom