360 Hardtail section?

JonnyLong

THIS, is what god looks like.
I thought Dime City would have a hardtail section???

Anyone have another site or know a guy... ;D

Looking to hardtail one. I want a dirtbike bobber. Stealing someone elses thunder but it's so damn hard not to.

There is no 360 specific hardtail kit that Im aware of. The frame isnt designed correctly for one. That said... If you have the skill and patience, look at the hardtail kit from TCBros choppers. Cheap, and high quality. The CB frames are a BITCH to actually hardtail right. Too much stamped steel. One option you may look into is finding an SL350 frame. Theyre all tube, and with some work on the mounts, you can get a 360 motor to mount up.

damn. I jsut came across a 700 obo 360 that would have made a perfect bobber. might have to look at a 500 or something

The 500 will be just as difficult (if its the four) to hardtail. Almost all Hondas are a bitch. It can be done though...

I wonder if anyone has a jig. set up to hardtail these... someone on here has to hard tail these alot..

Theres a couple guys here who can Im sure... Its a TON of work though. My 350 hardtail took a MASSIVE amount of work (by Kanticoy, not me) to complete. It was all hand bent as well though.

Honestly man... Until recently, there hasnt been much love given to chops here. Not that anyone was against them, but this is primarily a cafe based site. In fact, 75% of the hardtail bike you see here now, have shown up in the past few months to a year. Build a jig, and start poppin em out for folks! The big problem is that you cant just make a rear hardtail section that you can weld onto a cb frame. The stamped backbone (and other bits) needs replaced or modified as well. The easiest way is to build a ground up frame for them.

Just my 2 cents, my buddy and I decided to a go a diff. route with his '70 cb350. He wanted a hardtail and I happen to be a fabricator with all the gear needed. We have roughly 16 hr's into it so far. While it is a bitch to do with the stamped frame, this thing is turning out better than expected. We built a simple jig table to locate the framerails and rear tire and started cuttin' and buildin'. I'll try to get some pic's up later today.

Check it out!

Jon, thank you for the inquiry. Cycle One would be happy to do a hardtail for your Honda CB360 but we would require the front section in house to do the installation, as we do not have a stock front section for the CB360 to use for jigging. The cost on the standard hardtail would be 247.50 which includes the 5” ride height the build in 2” rear stretch and the ¾” V-style axle plates. Shipping would be additional, shipping the front section out would be approx. 40.00 and returning the complete frame would be approx 130.00. You may want to consider using the 20mm axle plates (verify your axle size) they are available for 20.00, axle adjusters 8.99.
I would be happy to provide a diagram of where the front section could be cut down to lessen the shipping costs.
Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to help!
Sincerely,
Kate

www.cycleonemanufacturing.com

sweet. lets me know how it turn out if you decide to do it. I have 2 cb360-one cafe, one hardtail? hmmmmmmm

anything can be hardtailed.

there was (maybe still is) a hardtailed CB360 for sale somewhere around my city. ill see if its still around. i think i have a picture of it somewhere

I think I want a 500 cafe.. Never used to think they looked good until just recently. 8)

i got a bolt on hardtail for cb350's a few years ago from wizzards general store. he has been making them for 30 years. bolt right on. might fit the 360.
if you want the phone number, hit me up.

jaybee

the 350 has the bolt on hardtail.
DSC00125.jpg

The 500t / 450 is a weld on i make. just cut the frame and weld it on.
CB500photo1.jpg

JayBee

Back
Top Bottom