1982 SR250 - Brat Tracker

TB_J

Hey guys

I thought I'd finally post a build thread for my little yammy.

Picked her up a few months ago for $900 AUD running and rego'd, just needed a new starter motor and rode fine. This is my first proper project bike, though I've been riding for quite a while.

Anyway - here we go. Sorry for the average quality photos.

This is the kicker when I picked her up.

Not much to look at for a 30 year old bike. Plenty of surface rust, scale, grime etc

You can see that some muppet has gone over the exhaust, engine, forks with a silver rattle can :mad:

SRBEFORE.jpg

my30yearoldkicker.jpg

and then...

Neaterpilelol.jpg

Stripped to a pile of bits.

IMG_3071.jpg

Frame prior to clean up

IMG_3093.jpg

Grinded off a few ugly bits + rear pegs and one of the original seat supports...then sand blasted!

powderedsrframe.jpg

Powder coated by a mate for a 6 pack.

IMG_3088.jpg

Ghetto spray job on the wheels. Just gave them a good clean up, then primed and rattle canned with some black epoxy. Decided not to powder coat for various reasons. They still need another coat - will get it done this weekend.

IMG_0118.jpg

Engine prior to cleanup ....some real nice baked on silver spray paint. This was fun to clean up.

photo2.jpg

Cleaned up - still need to give the covers a good polish.

IMG_2936.jpg

New seat arrived!

SRCURRENT.jpg

Finally started mocking it all up! Still a long way to go..

Got some new steering head bearings and engine cover gaskets to go in asap.

Will keep updated with progress. Cheers for looking ::)

TB_J

Another SR250 build, these bikes are getting very popular. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man - you're project looks awesome. Definitely a source of inspiration for this one ;D

great start man, I will expect another photo from that same place at Albert Park Lake when your done ;D

Back
Top Bottom