KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

That looks like a good position. Not too far back.

doc_rot said:
That looks like a good position. Not too far back.

Thanks. I think next is making mount plates from 3/8" plywood for each side to validate the setup and come up with what I need to either make or have them made.

I wish I could tuck the rear sets in where they are zip tied now. There just is not enough swing arm clearance.

redwillissuperman said:
Eliminate the heel guard mumbo jumbo and attach to the frame. Done.
If you want a heel guard, go off the tube.

The brake spring and switch are in the way of the swingarm as it sits in that pic. I only need about 1/2 inch more of clearance, what I have in mind for the mounting plate should take care of that. As for the heel guards, hmm, still thinking.

Hold the front page !!!!!! 8)

My twin plug head conversion has been finished and media blasted .... can't wait ! ;D

BTW - they have a new website www.lonesometwin.com

beachcomber said:
Hold the front page !!!!!! 8)

My twin plug head conversion has been finished and media blasted .... can't wait ! ;D

BTW - they have a new website www.lonesometwin.com

I look forward to seeing that head conversion Beach. I have a login to the new lonesometwins site. I really wished they went with a better forum platform but at least they upgraded and were able to keep alot of content.

canyoncarver said:
I look forward to seeing that head conversion Beach. I have a login to the new lonesometwins site. I really wished they went with a better forum platform but at least they upgraded and were able to keep alot of content.

As soon as I collect it I'll flag pix up. Yea, the website has been done by the guys that started the site off ...... NOT their day job, but they've put a lot of effort into it.

Nothing exciting to report but I'm still at it. I got some good garage time today at least. I cleaned up a ton of chassis hardware on the wire wheel. I also cleaned, sanded and cleared the rear sprocket carrier for the KZ1000 mags. Next is a bit more frame cleanup.

Attachments

• kz750_parts_cleanupwheel.jpg
    kz750_parts_cleanupwheel.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 267
  • kz750_1000_rearcarrier.jpg
    kz750_1000_rearcarrier.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 270
Re-starting on the rearset fab. I had an extra Brembo rear master cylinder from the YZF and what do you know, it bolts on like it was made for the old KZ.

Attachments

• kz_rbrakecyl.jpg
    kz_rbrakecyl.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 259
good to know, what is the size of the bore on the MC? im gonna need one for a brake swap soon on my 1000

doc_rot said:
good to know, what is the size of the bore on the MC? im gonna need one for a brake swap soon on my 1000

Not sure on the bore size, the rear is always a single disc so I'm going to give it a go. I don't have the number for the caliper piston size handy either. I'll look them up.

If you need, I have a spare one Doc.

sometimes the bore size is stamped in the body of the casting. I am still undecided on the rear caliper i want to use and that will dictate the bore size I need. I think the stock KZ MC is 5/8ths. most newer bikes use small single piston rear calipers and need a much smaller MC. but like you said, try it and see how it works.

doc_rot said:
sometimes the bore size is stamped in the body of the casting. I am still undecided on the rear caliper i want to use and that will dictate the bore size I need. I think the stock KZ MC is 5/8ths. most newer bikes use small single piston rear calipers and need a much smaller MC. but like you said, try it and see how it works.

Here is the closeup of the rear master. I'm using a very similar rear caliper to yours, mine is off a kz1000.

Attachments

• mcyl1.jpg
    mcyl1.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 250
  • mcyl2.jpg
    mcyl2.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 258
J-Rod is making me up some folding rearsets so I started on a template that fits both sides of the bike. Once I get the mounting holes where I want them I'll clean up the design a bit.

Attachments

• rearsetmounts.png
    rearsetmounts.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 260
clem said:
Hey I just got a set from him for the DS7 and they look good. You'll be happy.

Got them last night, they look great!

So....I made some turn signals.....I found these large funky dice drilled them out to clear epoxy these neat little LED's into. What do you think?

Attachments

• mydicelights.png
    mydicelights.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 260
Man that is funky. You better patent those before they are all over Alibaba for sale.
Just be sure to engrave dot approved on them bad boys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom