KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

Hey CC,

you might have let me into your thread link !!!!!!!

After reading about your 2 engines I decided to have a trawl through to find if there was more info ......... and there is.

Just found your build thread .......... lots of useful info / pix. I'll be dropping in on a regular basis now!

beachcomber said:
Hey CC,
you might have let me into your thread link !!!!!!!
After reading about your 2 engines I decided to have a trawl through to find if there was more info ......... and there is.
Just found your build thread .......... lots of useful info / pix. I'll be dropping in on a regular basis now!

Thanks Beach! Glad to have you onboard. I've got a bit of momentum back on this one after setting it aside for the winter. I have a set of KZ1000 mag wheels I picked up that I'm considering going with. I prefer a rear disc to the drum but it would mean (to me) building new rearsets. Still thinking about that one...

canyoncarver said:
Thanks Beach! Glad to have you onboard. I've got a bit of momentum back on this one after setting it aside for the winter. I have a set of KZ1000 mag wheels I picked up that I'm considering going with. I prefer a rear disc to the drum but it would mean (to me) building new rearsets. Still thinking about that one...

So - are there any other Lonesome Twins hereabouts I should look into ?

CC - just got off the phone with Kaptain Kwak over on the Lonesome Twin forum. He says send him a contact and he'll deal with it straight away.

Send him your userid and real name.

ATB

TJ

Probably worth repeating from my Tangerine Dream thread for any KZ 750 Twin freaks who drop in here .....................

Piggy back oil pump to feed [ in this case ] an oil cooler.

beachcomber said:
Probably worth repeating from my Tangerine Dream thread for any KZ 750 Twin freaks who drop in here .....................

Piggy back oil pump to feed [ in this case ] an oil cooler.

You definitely got my attention. I replied in your thread. Glad you posted this here as well.

beachcomber said:
So - are there any other Lonesome Twins hereabouts I should look into ?

Definitely check out docs' kz twin here: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66016.msg756802#msg756802

Yep, still working on this bike too. I did a quick mock up to see if I was going to like the KZ1000 mags on this bike. Yes I do. It might be a tight squeeze for the rear, I need to bolt it up and measure. Also, sorry about the image quality, the lens on my phone camera has been permanently "modified" by a certain 3 yr old grandchild who got his hands on it.

Attachments

• kzwithmags.jpg
    kzwithmags.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 264
canyoncarver said:
Yep, still working on this bike too. I did a quick mock up to see if I was going to like the KZ1000 mags on this bike. Yes I do. It might be a tight squeeze for the rear, I need to bolt it up and measure. Also, sorry about the image quality, the lens on my phone camera has been permanently "modified" by a certain 3 yr old grandchild who got his hands on it.

its alright, maybe we can all chip in and buy you a new camera ;)

Don't want to butt in , but ;)

I now have all the various bits for the auxiliary oil pump feed. Gixer pump [s !!] and a Chinabay special Electric pump.

I should be inside my old engine in the next 2 weeks and can see if there's any chance for an internal location. I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Suzuki-2006-2009-2011-2016-Gsxr750-Gsxr600-Oem-Oil-Pump.jpg
    Suzuki-2006-2009-2011-2016-Gsxr750-Gsxr600-Oem-Oil-Pump.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 767
  • $_10.jpg
    $_10.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 261
Is that a diaphragm pump? They're not really designed to pump hot oil. It will work for some amount of time, but not sure they can be trusted over time. Also like Matt is pointing out, unless you upgrade the charging system, a vintage bike really can't support an electric oil pump.

Yeah... Looks like one of these types, to me.

s-l500.jpg

They're often sold as oil pumps, but I think they're designed for marine fuel? It'll be interesting to see if the seals hold up to the heat. Most electric oil pumps designed for hot oil use (turbo scavenge pumps, etc) are not cheap. About $300 when I was pricing them before.

Sonreir™ said:
They're often sold as oil pumps, but I think they're designed for marine fuel? It'll be interesting to see if the seals hold up to the heat. Most electric oil pumps designed for hot oil use (turbo scavenge pumps, etc) are not cheap. About $300 when I was pricing them before.

That's alot of moolah for a pump.

Most of the ones that I've seen were marketed as scavenge pumps for turbos.

Back
Top Bottom