KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

canyoncarver said:
That's alot of moolah for a pump.

Yeah... specialty parts are always expensive.

Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151667099026

Note how it clearly states the pump is rated to 300+F°

What worries me is that the other pump doesn't have a temp rating listed.

Just a headsup on the pump.

£50 DELIVERED in FOUR days. From one of the "preferred" provinces [ thanx for the tip ].
Very robust, well made and HEAVY ! Somewhat bigger than the KZ starter motor.

Yes gear pump as pix and designed for Marine use - but now touted for "turbo scavenge" - increase the market eh ?

Yes on the current draw - and to reiterate this is a stand by "plan C". AND I' still nervous about a pump / electric failure whilst in use.

No loss, if I go [ hopefully ] with the Gixer pump, then the Chinabay pump sees use on my Supercharged Volvo 940 Estate project.

Sorry to interlope :-[- ignition advice please from you KZ750 experts.

Late electronic with aftermarket controller ( which one ?) Or a complete aftermarket system.

I need the ability to have top end retards and rev control?

Thanx and sorry CC for the post. 8)

Im using a C5 ignition on mine. high-tech stuff. they can program any ignition map you want or you can buy the software and do it yourself. I think a dyna tech rev limiter would work with their ignition as well.

doc_rot said:
Im using a C5 ignition on mine. high-tech stuff. they can program any ignition map you want or you can buy the software and do it yourself. I think a dyna tech rev limiter would work with their ignition as well.

It's a good question Beach/Doc. I have a points setup and a later ignitor style setup. My earlier motor will get the newer ignition setup. I had not thought past that. I'll have to look up the C5 now.

http://www.c5ignitions.com/motorcycle-ignitions.html its halfway down the page. Not the cheapest but considering you get coils and plugs as well its not too bad. I have heard good things. one bummer that I realized when installing it the other day was that you loose the ability to turn the motor over with that side of the crank. I haven't set the ignition to TDC yet because of this. It was impossible for me to get it to TDC with the kicker, the compression its making is too much to be precise.

The c5 ignition for the Virago is driven off the cam, I wonder if the KZ could have the kit adapted.

Also there is a fair bit of discussion in using a VOES to control the timing maps with these. They are a nice bit of kit indeed

Never a problem BC, glad to have both threads moving.

The YZF project is awaiting carb parts so I can try firing it up. I decided to finish cutting on my KZ frame.

Attachments

• yzees_twin_frame.JPG
    yzees_twin_frame.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 261
  • kwtwin_last2go_720.JPG
    kwtwin_last2go_720.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 691
  • somesparkslater.JPG
    somesparkslater.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 683
Next I need to finish cleaning up the swingarm and get a coat of paint on it. I still need to properly mock up the rear wheel. I"m considering a final third frame brace in the lower triangle. It will be functional but it's mostly because I think it will look good too.

I took a que off of Beachcomber and sourced a set of empty cases at a heck of a deal shipped. I also have a set of jugs and heads coming. Having a mock up motor made a ton of sense to me. I needed both of my full motors on the bench to finish mix/matching to get the one I'll run. This way maybe getting the engine and chassis ready won't stop me from figuring out rear set linkage, exhaust, etc..

Attachments

• kzcases1.jpg
    kzcases1.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 606
canyoncarver said:
I took a que off of Beachcomber and sourced a set of empty cases at a heck of a deal shipped. I also have a set of jugs and heads coming. Having a mock up motor made a ton of sense to me. I needed both of my full motors on the bench to finish mix/matching to get the one I'll run. This way maybe getting the engine and chassis ready won't stop me from figuring out rear set linkage, exhaust, etc..

CC,

that's a hangover from my Drag Racing days with V8 s !!

Rather than throw away grenaded engines I kept them less innards for set ups and "whatifs".

I'm now going a stage further and obtained a non V5 [non - titled ] frame so I can try out / duplicate any set ups on the bench first without worrying about scratching paint / getting a hernia !!

beachcomber said:
CC - alternative forks - any ideas ?

I picked up a KZ1000 rolling chassis a bit ago and I'm using the forks and mag wheels from it. Same diameter, I'm going to use the 750 trees and the 1000 forks are a bit of an upgrade, dual disc. Other than that, my thoughts head towards a nice USD fork off something much newer. What were you thinking BC?

Back
Top Bottom