Dreadnotred Hellride chopper

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
We'll begin this thread with what is currently a red, possibly Amen, chopper with a CB550 K1 engine. The motor may change. The motor may stay the same. When I open it up, I'll know more. First things first was to pull the ape hangers, which aren't worth a pic, to put in another set of bars has a holder. I like these bars, so they may stick. It will not be red by the end of the week. There is a very good chance these comstars go, too. I generally do not like comstars. I suspect the trailer fender flies away too. Anyway, for now it sits. Others are ahead in the queue, but I plan to give this bike some of my love over this winter break.

77150-161218172850-4735252.jpeg

77150-161218172851-47582317.jpeg

Re: Deadnotred Hellride chopper

I like the molded frame a lot. I also think the engine fits in there nicely.. Id you were going to replace the 550 what do you think you would throw in there?

Re: Deadnotred Hellride chopper

That is a nicely molded headstock. Ever thought of taking on the Comstars as a challenge? So many of them out there, I'd love to see someone make them look great.

pidjones said:
That is a nicely molded headstock. Ever thought of taking on the Comstars as a challenge? So many of them out there, I'd love to see someone make them look great.

I'm thinking about it. You make a good point. They're in really good shape too. I have a set of Kawasaki rims that I may try out just for kicks. But the more I look at this thing with the Comstars, the more open I am to using them. They're certainly lighter than the Kawasaki rims and I think they may be lighter than the high shoulder vintage dirt rims I got specifically for this build.

Luugo86 said:
I like the molded frame a lot. I also think the engine fits in there nicely.. Id you were going to replace the 550 what do you think you would throw in there?
I've had an itch to do a thumper. It's sort of thing within my group of buddies. I'm probably just kidding myself. These 550 motors claimed 50 bhp and they're popular enough in the racing world that there's plenty of crazy I can do with this engine.

If you look in the pic I posted with the two choppers side-by-side, you'll notice they are very similar in size. There's a reason for that. This is a CB750 chopper frame.

I don't hate the red but I'd probably make it go away too. I like the forks and brace, Comstars are ..... sorry but imho, horrible. Spokes or Kawi mags would look better.

canyoncarver said:
I don't hate the red but I'd probably make it go away too. I like the forks and brace, Comstars are ..... sorry but imho, horrible. Spokes or Kawi mags would look better.
The problem with Kawi mags is they weigh 312 pounds each. Im'a look anyway. And since you guys all hate Comstars, maybe I really should use them. As far as thumpers, I don't think this is the frame for a thumper. It's a CB750 frame, which means the cradle is pretty big. Most thumper motors will look like a Z50 in this frame.

Ha!

Just for perspective...

I think a 550 and 650 is too small.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 347
Back
Top Bottom