Exhaust Wrap

Very kind of you to provide that link ! I will be attempting to wrap some headers in the very near future . Thank you !!!

I was talking to a friend who is a mechanic for an AMA Grand Prix team about wrapping exhausts. He gave me a few pointers.

1. Instead of spraying the wrap as you go, loosen the roll up and soak it in a bucket of water. Once it's soaked it keeps all the particles matted down so you don't itch for a week, plus it lets it stretch and wraps a little tighter.

2. While you're wrapping it around the exhaust, make sure and pull it as tight as you can, and since the wrapping is already soaked it will allow you to stretch it out a bit which helps for tightness.

3. Once your pipes are fully wrapped, and the wrapping is still wet, run the bike. It will smoke like hell and smell fierce, but the heat will help shrink the wrap closer to the pipes.

Don't know if that will help anyone, but it can't hurt.

-Garrett

Ninetyeight said:
I was talking to a friend who is a mechanic for an AMA Grand Prix team about wrapping exhausts. He gave me a few pointers.

1. Instead of spraying the wrap as you go, loosen the roll up and soak it in a bucket of water. Once it's soaked it keeps all the particles matted down so you don't itch for a week, plus it lets it stretch and wraps a little tighter.

2. While you're wrapping it around the exhaust, make sure and pull it as tight as you can, and since the wrapping is already soaked it will allow you to stretch it out a bit which helps for tightness.

3. Once your pipes are fully wrapped, and the wrapping is still wet, run the bike. It will smoke like hell and smell fierce, but the heat will help shrink the wrap closer to the pipes.

-Garrett

verrrry helpful tip. im going to be doing this soon with the copper colored wrap on a dark blue bike hopefully it will look good

Ninetyeight said:

-Garrett
That is exactly how I did mine.

dont do it, unless you want to look like this on your bike:

PhotoID18002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom