"Deborah". First build. 11 CB350's and 360's. So it begins.

Re: 11 CB350's and 360's. And so it begins.

Don't worry about it man. It's still cheaper than going to college to learn all this stuff. ;D

Those VM32s should work well on a CB450 or CB500T.

Tremendous work so far. Nice pics. I wish I had your time mate your making me very keen to finish my cb200.

Last night I tried once again to remove the damn bearing race from the front hub. Ended up making a mess of it and tried cutting it out with the dremel. Cut into the threads and threw it into the recycling bin. Aluminum is just too damn soft to punch out and such an awkward thing to make up half assed. I ended up bringing another hub into a machinst today who's going to custom build me a tool that'll fit it exactly. Gonna fit onto a 1/2" drive rachet. I might see how much they are to make up a bunch and throw them on ebay and on this site. The prototype is costing me 125 bucks though. Sucks. I've already found an aftermarket one that fits the rear hub and it should be in tomorrow.

Also made an oil pump gasket too. lots of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_9917.JPG
    IMG_9917.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_9933.JPG
    IMG_9933.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_9934.JPG
    IMG_9934.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 211

Steering stop had too high of a profile so I ground it down.

Attachments

• IMG_9921.JPG
    IMG_9921.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 220

Steering stem is too short about 1/2 inch. I went to the metal store and paid a buck for 1/2" by 1" steel tube and dropped it all of at a welder down the street.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.JPG
    IMG_9929.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_9931.JPG
    IMG_9931.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 260

Got it back today. Guy charge me 20 bucks to cut in half and weld peice in. I got an extra peice of 1/2" tube while I was there for the next bike if I want to upgrade the trees.

Pic of what the bike is somewhat going to look like.

Attachments

• IMG_9937.JPG
    IMG_9937.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9940.JPG
    IMG_9940.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 239

Damn. Went and powdered my rear hub in chrome paint but I did some stuff wrong. After I put the clear coat on I baked it again but forgot to limit bake time on the first chrome coat so it was in too long and for some reason turned this silver color. Also I had polished the hub before hand and it was too smooth so now the paint is chipping off easily. Gonna have to get it sand blasted and start over. Boo.

Attachments

• IMG_9939.JPG
    IMG_9939.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 259

Not sure about the gears behind the oil filter. If I have the washer in the right place. I have it between the gears right now and thinking maybe it's supposed to go before all gear up against the motor. The first gear is only on half of the flywheel which seems odd to me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_9935.JPG
    IMG_9935.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 227

I can't remember where the washer goes, but I'm sure it is not between the gears. Check the parts list to see the order that parts fit.

Yeah I did but it shows a thrust washer then a gear but the other book shows thrust washer and 2 gears after it. I'm confused. I tried putting it behind both gears and it didn't seem to fit very well. Felt like it was wobbling around in there. Bike Bandit parts diagram shows it that way too. Figured I'd ask what you guys have set up on yours. Monday I might pull off another cover from other engines and see how it's set up.

So I've been looking around for gasket material today. Everything I find is different than what the original gasket was in the kit. Can I use whatever material at the base of the cylinders? They have a celulose fiber (paper like) brown stuff that looks almost like cork, a rubbery material that's supposed to be high heat and actual cork. Any advice? Thanks.

I probably just missed the point, but don't Honda still sell base gaskets for that bike?

if the parts book shows washer followed by one or two gears, that's how I'd do it. Shouldn't be any wobble though. Isn't it clamped between thw bearing inner ring and the gear?

Probably. I was just looking at buying a roll of gasket material from a place down the street instead of having to go to the next city to the dealership. Was hoping someone knew about what material would be ok.

So angry. I just picked up my hub from the machinst who chewed up my bearing race trying to make a tool for it. A third one trashed. Was pretty upset with the guy and still didn't get my tool made! Really stupid thing was that it turns out the tool that I bought for the rear bearing race WILL ALSO FIT THE FRONT hub if you shave off the pin edges. They look completely different and spaced apart but they're not.

The tool I bought is from "Motion Pro". I got it from "Sirius Consolidate Inc." even though it's not on their website. Chris got it in for me.
It's part #08-0227 XR Seal/Bearing retainer tool. $35.34. Save yourself a pain in the ass and buy this thing. It has all 4 pins on it as opposed to just 2 on an adjustable pin wrench and it's slotted to have a wrench on it.

Attachments

• IMG_9964.JPG
    IMG_9964.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9965.JPG
    IMG_9965.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 240
Well I was looking at the bike and decided on a name. It's fiery candy red and it reminds my of that fiesty red head vampire on "True Blood". Looked her up. Her name's Deborah Ann Woll. "Deborah" is born.

Powder coated my rear fender today as well. Had to cut it in half at the factory seam under the seat to fit it in the oven. Then I JB'd it back together. Welding would have screwed the paint. Should hold up.

Not even sure if I'll keep it on there or not but it'll be nice to have. The race motor is really built up a lot so I think I'm going to build a period racer with fairings etc. and swap motors.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
Cam sprocket for the X5 came it the other day. It's ajustable. Also cost me $155! Yeah I got rooked. There's no way this thing should cost anywhere near that. Also you can line it up over the factory one and it's the same size. You could easily mark out the profile and carve out the holes. If I ever install another race came this one will be a template for modifying a stock sprocket.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
Making up a 2 person seat with a removable cover. It's in cardboard right now cause I want to put the tires on first before actually building it. Gonna do it in sheet metal so I can powder coat it same color as rest of bike.
I'm thinking of using some strong magnets underneath to hold it on instead of using hardware. I'll line the inside cover with felt so it doesn't scratch the paint underneath too. Should be pretty pimp. That peice on top in the pic is what lifts off to reveal padding for the 2nd person. Patent pending. lol.

Also ordered a motion pro degree wheel off ebay for $24. Need it to dial in my cam. I'll be going off to get some metal today to fab a steel mount for the magnetic base since the motor is aluminum. Thanks to Sonreir for all the help. I'm lost without you guys. God bless DTT.

Attachments

• IMG_9954.JPG
    IMG_9954.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_9950.JPG
    IMG_9950.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 223
you sure you don't want to pick a name from something more popular like the vampire diarrheas I mean vampire diaries.. j/K :D

like the build so far

Back
Top Bottom