For the old man t500 resto

Thanks guys the main reason im doing this bike is to insure that my little brother looks like a dick in comparison haha just kidding.....or am i ::)

Still i wait for clear
a6b503e5-53a3-cdaa.jpg
a6b503cd-53ba-be84.jpg

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Maritime said:
Nice work, that isn't one of the tanks I carried on the GL for you is it?
no no no that tank is a heart beat out of the grave, i shouldnt of bought it. How was your ride home safe i hope.

And thanks rich

Ha I figured it couldn;t be but maybe you can work miracles. Ride home was ok except Monday Morning I woke up in Danbury with super thunder storms shaking the hotel and it took unitl Mass to clear them, slowed me from 90 mph to about 75 fro a couple hours.

Was just going to ask if that was the tank you picked up :eek: The paint on that tank and covers are perfect man and the bike is looking great ! Take that tank you picked up and hang it on the wall as is ! ;D

Good eye redneck and mike after the day ive had justin can have her as long as he never brings her back

Brad, do you have carbs for that bike already? I ask because I picked up a pair of VM32s for a T500 at Mid-Ohio that I don't necessarily need. I know the T500s started out with VM34s and then went to VM32s but I don't know which year but you probably do. They were a dirty outside they've cleaned up very well. They also came with the throttle cable and part of the throttle, but the cable is a bit rough and not something to use on a resto. But you could use it as a template if nothing else. I'll take some pics if you're interested.

Re: For the old man t500 with a hot new paint job

So i got the body work and repainted the emblems also i found a more suitable rear shock for a resto (thanks dreadrock) i was also able to find a good set of "s" mirrors i dont know it means nothing to me but ta suzuki guys its a big deal im still looking for a rear fender air box n seat cover and odds and ends. It seems my carbs are well they kinda suck im still undecided as to a solution replace fix time will tell
Check it
a6b5037d-aac5-14b7.jpg
a6b503ba-aaf1-ecaa.jpg
a6b503b8-b68d-d48c.jpg

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Here are a couple shots, you can see more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danhounshell/sets/72157630805139936/

7669359380_946c7aca41_c.jpg

7669367828_49534b0e14_c.jpg

Both of them cleaned up well on the outside, just wiped them off with some carb cleaner and a rag and an old toothbrush. The one on the right looks fantastic. The one on the left looks like it had some fuel sitting in it for a long time and there is some scaling but it should clean up with some soaking and none of the passages are blocked (that I found). The throttle cable is okay but could be used in a pinch. The carb boots look to be in decent condition. The slides are 2.5, it has the primary style jet needle, and the main jet is a 97.5. I did not pull out the needle jet to check the size. I can't tell the sizes on the pilot jets or the needle - I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass for the garage because my eyes aren't what they used to be. The choke brackets need to be cleaned up a bit.

PM me if you're interested Brad. I got a good deal on them so I'll pass along the good deal to you since they'd be going to a good cause/build.

Back
Top Bottom