1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

That's how you know it's "vintage".

Justin, is yours still from around the oil pan? The bike definitely looks better outside of that shed.....

If it's leaking oil that just means you've still got oil. It's when it stops leaking that you may have a problem.

Put well over 300 miles on the old German broad today. A trip to the Shenandoah National Park and multiple rounds on Skyline drive provided some much needed Motorcycle therapy.

DD506878-21FA-4D9A-942B-B463116E1BC1-158-00000007EE6C7B27_zps6a2df73a.jpg

Nice, now you know it will make the metdown run without issue. I need a day like that soon on one of my bikes. I have a horrible head cold right now but I am still going down to finish the gl.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Ha. Break it in and break it.

It has now decided to not run above 4500 RPM's. awesome.

300+ mile trip without issue. Short trip to my buddy Mikes house and it craps out.

Where's the most expensive machine in the hospital? The one that goes "bing"? -Michael Palin

JustinLonghorn said:
I hate bing carbs.

Rid yourself of them immediately.

Actually the later CVs are pretty good carburetors when set up right. That 60/5 is begging for Mikunis though. Vm30-32 will do the trick nicely.

Flugtechnik said:
LOL, I just watched that movie last night.

Best one, I think. I knew I was getting married when the lady in my house bought me the whole series on DVD.

So, a fucking screw fell out of a power connection in the headlight.

One screw falls out, and everything falls apart.

Screw put back in, ready for the NC trip.

JustinLonghorn said:
So, a fucking screw fell out of a power connection in the headlight.

One screw falls out, and everything falls apart.

Screw put back in, ready for the NC trip.
Score! Was starting to worry. I am a happy girl now. :D

Kanticoy said:
Rid yourself of them immediately.

Actually the later CVs are pretty good carburetors when set up right. That 60/5 is begging for Mikunis though. Vm30-32 will do the trick nicely.

I wouldn't know... :)

Sent from my freaking iPhone using freaking Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom