1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

Watching.....waiting......too tired to make BMW jokes though......and there's even a pic of it outside a Starbucks.

I'm slipping.

Looks like we got are selfs a COOONVOOOY...... got your ears on Rubber Ducky ........

My parents made me listen to that goat ropin shit 40 years ago... 10 seconds in was all I could stand. :(
Presume it must have got better later but I'll never know.
This from a guy who names his bike builds after Motorhead songs, so take it with a grain of salt I guess... :eek:

Re: Re: 1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

Hoosier Daddy said:
My parents made me listen to that goat ropin shit 40 years ago... 10 seconds in was all I could stand. :(
Presume it must have got better later but I'll never know.
This from a guy who names his bike builds after Motorhead songs, so take it with a grain of salt I guess... :eek:

slap

So, I took the old /5 on a nice little ride this weekend, only to have it die on me 3 miles from my house.

All signs point to a faulty rotor.

$149 for all of the replacement parts. New rotor. New Regulator. Updated Diode board. New stator brushes.

Or $499 for an updated system with 450 watt output.

JustinLonghorn said:
So, I took the old /5 on a nice little ride this weekend, only to have it die on me 3 miles from my house.

All signs point to a faulty rotor.

$149 for all of the replacement parts. New rotor. New Regulator. Updated Diode board. New stator brushes.

Or $499 for an updated system with 450 watt output.
No bueno. Your Honda girl just doesn't fit in as well at Starbucks.

So if it is the rotor, what are you going to do? Couldn't imagine what you would do with 450 watts......

Justin, you should have just gotten a big ol Suzuki GS. Since they NEVER have electrical problems..... ::)

Justin pm big rich he is a pro with electronic one time i saw him get a hair drier to sit up and bark

Jesus Christ, 450 watts is a lot of juice! As long as you leave the microwave and the espresso machine at home I think you'll be alright without all that.

Don't be silly John. It's a BMW - the expresso machine is a standard upgrade in the BMW catalog.

Back
Top Bottom