1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

Re: 1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

Oh well, I'm coming on to see the winter months....

But mostly to see everyone give you a hard time Justin haha!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JustinLonghorn said:
Took zero pictures, but I got the new speedo installed. Huzzah.
Dang it man... I need to take mine out and repair the Tach. My tach cable broke on the way home from Chicago MvR and then the needle smacked around and broke and the screws came out of the top. Sigh.

I just put a new tach cable on yesterday but need to tear into the gauge.

What is the process for removing it? Can I take the to ring and glass off to get to the needle and screws or do I need to take it out from below (wire nest... yikes!).

Do you have any links to guides for removal?

I just dove right in, man!

There are two bolt/posts that hold the speedo/tach in place. Pain in the ass to get to because of the rats nest of wires.

I replaced the original shocks with a smaller set I bought at Barber last year. I immediately hated them. The backend was squirly and handling was way different. I knew I needed better.
I've used the Hagons on a CB450 project and loved them, customer service is great. As a matter of fact, they said if I didn't like the amount of spring... they'd swap out the swings with beefier ones no charge. Who does that anymore?
So today was my first time to ride the /5 with the Hagons and it is perfect! It even helps to keep the front end from diving as much when braking. So important to have with this much weight. You won't be disappointed if you buy a set.

no not yet. The bike only has 15K on it. I am hoping that the old springs are still decent. I hope to give it a fork oil change before Barber (or at??) and see if that is enough. But someday, I may do new front springs too. I THINK Hagon has those too or else Progressive.

Tim, Justin: don't forget about Sonic Springs as well. Rich Desmond is the owner, and is a helluva nice guy. His website has a weight calculator so you get the springs that are made for your weight / riding style / etc.

1973 BMW R60 Slash 5

What is "things that give me a boner". Alex, I'll take "potpourri" for $300.

Whose wife's leather coat did you steal that leather for the seat from?

Otherwise, looks great!

ronnie said:
Whose wife's leather coat did you steal that leather for the seat from?

Otherwise, looks great!

That seat looks sahweet! bike looks very Posh gentlemanly!

Edit: Carmel Soy latte please!

Back
Top Bottom