1976 Honda cj 360

Ok so I went out and turned it over and the cam shaft does turn so I pulled the points out and the advancer behind it wasn't seated in correctly so I pulled it turned it 180 put the points back in and now when I rotate the engine(rotor) the points move open and close so tomorrow I should be able to adjust the points and timing correctly. Back to my question about the condenser Do you guys think its bad. It doesn't read shorted but tha capacity seem low. What do you think?

Im sorry bud, I didnt realize you had texted me until 8:30 last night. I can stop by after work tonight, and Ill bring my timing light. If you dont have one.
I cant help w the condenser specs. But the camshaft should have a pin in the end that fits into the advancer. Is that what you found? This pin is what locks the advancer to the cam, so it just dont sit and spin on there.

Well my friend trek97 came over tonite and helped me adjust the points and timing. We took our first look and realized the bolt that holds the advancer on had been snapped off in the end of the cam shaft. So a drill bit and an easy out got it out. A little tweaking later and she fired. As soon as I figure out how to put a video up I have a short vid until the bowls ran dry. Thanks again trek97

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromz said:
Well my friend trek97 came over tonite and helped me adjust the points and timing. We took our first look and realized the bolt that holds the advancer on had been snapped off in the end of the cam shaft. So a drill bit and an easy out got it out. A little tweaking later and she fired. As soon as I figure out how to put a video up I have a short vid until the bowls ran dry. Thanks again trek97

Glad to help bud...and heres the VID. too bad we didnt capture the smile on bromz face. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suVL0NuueR0

3DogNate said:
damn... I knew that I shoulda went and grabbed that bike.

For the 40 or so seconds we had her running. I was shocked, the idle was high but it was nice and even. Not even a puff of smoke outta the exhaust. All lights working. We were amazed how she started and ran.
At first we were using starting fluid. and we took a couple turns kicking her, 10 minutes. And only got 1 tiny pop. We had good spark on both plugs, so I knew she had to run.
Out of desperation and a last ditch effort Brom tossed the tank on her and BAM. First kick she was running! We were jumping up and down and highfiving. He pulled the tank off. Kicked her again for the vid. And again, fired up first kick.
I told him to throw that can of starting fluid in the shit can. I think it was Valvoline brand fluid. Crap must be water based. lol

Now I believe hes gonna toss her back together just enough to run her down the street for a real vid. Weather permitting. Im gonna test ride my bike over ( 12 miles ?) to witness and film the virgin voyage.

Well got everything back together and hopefully take it for a little ride once i throw some fresh oil in. Got to looking at the side covers 3dognate gave me and the cb360 covers do not fit the cj 360 airboxes. :( so i will have to start searching for some cj covers.(side covers) Lets see how this bike rides, going to take it easy cause it hasn't been on the road since 98 it looks like and also even more important it only has rear brakes. After i give it a ride i'm going to start tearing her down. I'm going to go through the engine new gaskets seals and rings all new paint and maybe some new handle bars. Does anyone know where I can find a set of bushings for the handlebar mounts? These are kind of loose. Thanks everyone

Well so far so good tonite. Didn't have to pull the front wheel off cause of a frozen drum the PO mis adjusted the brake cable and there was ZERO play leading me to believe the cable or drum was froze. This bike is turning out to be in pretty great shape. It's gonna be a shame to year her apart! Got fresh oil in her so she is ready for a spin. Can't wait!!!

Just a note...2 pairs of cam chain guides on ebay right now. Dont know that you need em.

Guys where can I get the 360T side cover sticker so I can put them back on after I paint them?

Bromz said:
Guys where can I get the 360T side cover sticker so I can put them back on after I paint them?

Im bettin Sonreir could make you some...and he is the CJ man.

Did you say that you had a set of CB360 side covers? If your looking to get rid of the left side, PM me I would be interested in purchasing it. I have a 74 CB360 that needs one. Thanks. I could possibly make you a CB360T decal as well.

Trek97 and i just went for about a 6 mile ride and all was good. Have a grounding bug with the turn signals but all else is good!!! Time to start the tear down !!!!

Bromz first virgin voyage on the CJ360. The thing runs like a TOP. Purrs like a kitten. The tires have some cracks, (nothing too scary) he still hit 60mph on her. And she starts on the first kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pe5HeYKpps

Well started taking her apart. I think these parts are gonna pile up faster than I thought!!!!
pe4u2ete.jpg
y6e2u2az.jpg

Can't seem to figure out where to put the spring for my centerstand . Might have to make a bracket for it. It seems to work just need a point to attach it so it doesn't pull up into the chain.

Has anyone compiled a bolt list for the engine and side covers? Just curious i have seen complete sets on ebay but i have access to various ss allen bolts and might be able to make my own? Just aksing. Thanks

Bolt list here...

http://www.hondabrat.com/2012/09/honda-cb360-bolts.html

and the center stand spring hooks to a bent steel loop welded by the clamp.

CIMG3299_zps04a7c18f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom