Rd350 resto

bradj said:
My man 8)

When you went to 19's did you lengthen your rear shock at all or stick to stock size? I ask bc I have some nice free shocks that are an inch longer and my stock ones are junk.

Thoughts?

I got a nos set of red wings given to me for that bike ill throw a tape on them later and let cha know

Ok so I bought a front 2.15x19 front hoop and laces....got them and realized 19 front laces aren't going to fit a rear hub...mikesxs doesn't carry rear spokes for a xs650 19 rear. Do I use 18s or will any 19" 36 spoke rear laces work?

I would ditch the rear xs hub and get a modern mx hub you can buy spokes to lace a 19 to them

bradj said:
I would ditch the rear xs hub and get a modern mx hub you can buy spokes to lace a 19 to them

I found a mid 90s yz250 hub, a late 90s brake and master cylinder. I'm assuming there were no changes in years?

Will my sprocket bolt right on? What about shaft diameter and offset?

I'm Hesitant to spend the money not knowing much about yz250s :)

Edit...seems the yz rears axles switch from 20mm to 22mm at some poi t in the nineties.

Well I bought a 91 hub and a 94 brake set up....should do the job. Anyone notice a difference without the Cush drive?

Back
Top Bottom