The Kickstart Cycles "BRAT STYLE" Bike build

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
Ok.. so its time to start a project build...
Gonna do something different....

Tony, Lilbeast, Saucer, Druro and Myself along with anyone who want to help build beast into a beauty...
We are gonna do a bratstyle with some custom built parts...

heres our starting point: 83 Yamaha: FREE

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

Brat-style is growin on me....free bike?! woo hoo....i gotta see all this wrenchin in the under-ground parking go down one day...must be quite the site/sight!

As the aussies say, "good-on-ya mate!" :)

That looks like a good start loco.

On a different note, "Brat Style" is a brand name. I think you mean kickstart cycles is building a Japanese chop. Otherwise, it's like having your tailor sew a gucci shirt. Similar, but not quite the same thing :)

--Chris

very cool

i switched up my xj from a cafe to more of a brat aswell.

i'm going for the cafe/ brat look and less like a bobber with springs

can't wait to see how it looks cause i know you guys know what your doin

chrisf said:

On a different note, "Brat Style" is a brand name. I think you mean kickstart cycles is building a Japanese chop. Otherwise, it's like having your tailor sew a gucci shirt. Similar, but not quite the same thing :)

--Chris

x2-I'd check some of the other Japanese bike builders like
Matsumaru-http://www.geocities.jp/qcyqq122/matsumaru_store/index.html
Yellow-http://www.yellowmc.jp/top.html

chrisf said:

--Chris
I gotta imagine that's why the thread title has brat style in quotation marks. I'd say that even though it is in fact a brand name, it is also a style that that brand developed. Sort of like how food used to be called "all natural" but since it didn't do well with marketing, companies coined "organic" as the go to word even though organic really means: of carbon based.

meh, sorry to go on, I guess I'm a dork like that.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the progress of this project.

awesome! i was wondering what was going on with that bike. cant wait to see it become a "BRAT STYLE" bike.

great bike to toy with!!! love those wheels! always wanted to polish the lips and black the center mags... killer bike man! stoked to see what you guys do wiht it!

So here is what we are throwing around so far...
- spoked rims painted black
- White wall tires
- Fat front tire
- lowered 2 inches in the front, 1 inch lowered back
- jockey shifter
- solo bobber seat
- chopped back frame
- Drag bars
- Blackboard paint

Starting soon...

Druro said:
I like... but I do vote for Z-bars... or similar.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with Druro on the bars! :eek:

High-rise bars seem like a fundamental element of the so-called "Brat-Style" bike. 8) In my mind, anyway. ;D

Can't wait to see what kinda "pea shooters" you use for mufflers! :D

Drewski said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with Druro on the bars! :eek:

High-rise bars seem like a fundamental element of the so-called "Brat-Style" bike. 8) In my mind, anyway. ;D

Can't wait to see what kinda "pea shooters" you use for mufflers! :D

thanks awfully bud... just what I wanted, a friend.

Know where i can find one?

If you can find, mini-ape bars, that would be the way to go. If you do white walls, do one on the rear and make it a double pinner. I think a better look would be a Goodyear or Avon Speedmaster with white out lettering.

Seat-wise, something cool I've seen is finding an old king and queen and cutting it in half. Sounds funny, but looks bitchin'.

gribbs said:
Any progress pics yet? guessing not or they would be up here lol

Sorry nothing yet.. the Paris swapmeet is this weekend.. gonna look at getting some parts first...

Back
Top Bottom