Leave it alone?

Disliked23

Been Around the Block
Dilemma....

I walk my dog every other day on the same route and about halfway through the route, there's a nice little house that looks pretty well kept with a bonneville sitting in the driveway. This bonneville has been sitting in said driveway for possibly about 7-8 months, uncovered, through snow rain and who knows what else. It clearly has not been ridden and the only damage to it that I can see is a broken rear blinker and a slightly bent front mirror. Nobody is ever home when I go by, but all I can think is how stoked I would be to have a new bonneville and how lame they are for letting it sit in the weather for so damn long. Thought about throwing a cover on it (I have an extra that I picked up with a parts bike), or leaving a note, but I could also just change my route and never see it again. I also thought about asking them to sell it, but my eyes are bigger than my wallet and I'm sure I'd back out even if the price was good.

What would you do?

Dude, you never know what might happen. Some people will just give it to you. Some people want outrageous prices because they "think" they know what its worth. Other people will swear that they're going to restore it someday.
Then some people are happy to get a couple of hundred bucks to get their driveway back!
Give it a shot!

it's always worth asking!!

and if they say no, leave your number so they can call you when they come to terms with the fact that they're not actually going to get around to fixing it up.

Back
Top Bottom