first build 75 cl360

I wish I had a dishwasher. Anyhow my forks are looking awesome. If it doesn't rain all day tomorrow I will bolt up the new front end on her.

Dang! The neck on the 360 is about 5mm longer than the 550's frame so the front end wont fit. At this point I am probably going to go back to the stock front unless someone has a solution to fit the 550 front in. The main reason I wanted to do this was to have disc brakes and this front end is in great shape but after some reading the discs may be worse than a good set of drum pads. IDK

This morning I cleaned up the top triple tree and made a bracket out of 1/4" aluminum for my new speedometer. Also received the clubmans and some new mufflers. This week I'll be getting everything I need to finish up the front end of the bike just wish the gaiters I want weren't on back order.

Decided the luggage rack has got to go, not building a grocery getter anymore!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
Today I stripped the frame completely down and going to paint it at work tomorrow along with the tank and a few other things.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Sent you a pm yesterday regarding the luggage rack. If you are interested in selling it let me know how much, shipped to 98406. It would go well with my stock cl360 "vacation bike" build.

Thanks
-Tweakin

Just let me know GIJoe and I'll fire one out.
Tweakin pm sent, thanks.

Thought I was going to be able to paint the frame, tank and some misc items at work today but there just wasn't room so I lit it up at home. The temp is 49-50 and with the sun off the snow I think I will be okay, plus I'm not building a show bike. The color is colonial red which is darker and my plan is the same for the tank with brown leather seat and black motor. The tank will have to wait for proper conditions though.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 224
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
Not so sure how I feel about it either. This is what I was going for minus the red rims

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 214
Cool = a leaf spring front suspension and 2 chicks with you on a 1 seater bike... do it up man.. Cheers!

The Jedi Master is much happier, it was just too much red and too clean. I hope to put the front end on her this weekend and paint the tank tomorrow at work. The tank will be an off white similar to what it looked like when i received it. On one side will be just the emblem and on the other a flat black honda wing that will fold over the tank.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
the red was cool for the 'everyone else is too scared to do it' factor... but that flat black looks great.. .looks like teflon almost.. very cool... what rattle can did that come out of ?

Luugo86 you hit it right on the head on what I was going for and now that it's black it just looks so ordinary. The black was some left over high temp black but is light so it will need another coat. It may very well go back to a little darker red, I wish I had photoshop at home. Anyways a box of goodies showed up yesterday and here is how she looks.

Edit: The more I look at it the more i love it, flat black stays.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    418.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
Just for fun, when i bought my actual first cl360 It was going to be hardtailed, which i did do. But then I acquired a bike I could ride and realized that the hardtail is not practical around here. Here is a vid of it running and take it easy on me, if anything it shows how tough hondas really are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8xgWL-4cs

Back
Top Bottom