first build 75 cl360

Thanks for the Intel on the header wrapping situation. I guess I won't be wrapping them this weekend. :'( oh well more goodies expected for arrival tomorrow.
Sonreir- I'll be figuring out exactly what I want for the wiring harness this weekend as well.

Got a new agm battery and some bling today.

Attachments

• IMG_20130711_172018_034-1.jpg
    IMG_20130711_172018_034-1.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 221
Looking good.

What's the rating on the battery? And the chain is standard, right? Not O-Ring or X-Ring?

The battery is a 12 amp and the chain is an oring. please don't tell me I have to send back my gold chain bling!

Afraid you do. O-ring and X-ring chains will eat up the clutch actuator on the smaller Honda twins; not enough clearance.

I think if you look in the redline for sale subforum they have offset sprockets that will work with it

I just ran the chain through the front sprocket and put the cover on and from what I am seeing the chain flows smoothly with plenty of clearance. Am I missing something? I don't mean to question anybody's intelligence other than my own cuz I don't want to return this gold chain bling unless I have to.

The issue is going be here, after you get the sprocket cover back in place.

When you pull the clutch lever, the actuator pushes inwards so that the clutch rod can separate the clutch plates. The actuator will get too close to the chain because the chain is now wider than stock. When the bike is in motion, the chain eats up the actuator and that part is no longer available.

Attachments

• actuator.png
    actuator.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 446
Replaced the gaskets and put in the new stainless bolts. Now what to do about this chain dilemma?

Attachments

• IMG_20130713_163009_079-1.jpg
    IMG_20130713_163009_079-1.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20130713_162946_529-1.jpg
    IMG_20130713_162946_529-1.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 209
Sorry but Im afraid I need to disagree w Sonreir on this one. The O-ring chain will absolutley work. I have been running one for 3 years now. The first year and a half I had the o-ring w the 18 tooth sprocket. It was credit card close but it never touched the shaft or the guard. currently, I have the 17 tooth sprocket installed. I do keep up on chain tension. It has never gotten loose enough that it might slap it. I keep my chain at 3/4 inch slop. After its first installed check tension on it everytime you ride. It wont take long to stretch the new out of it.

theBradford said:
Replaced the gaskets and put in the new stainless bolts. Now what to do about this chain dilemma?

If you didnt put anything on those SS bolts take em back out and put something on them. Stainless and aluminum will gall. Chances are good this is not the last time you will be in that engine.

Thanks trek97 for chiming in cuz I've been effin with this all day and I'm just not seeing a problem. I'm stick in with my bling. If I'm wrong I will let y'all know. On to the next project. Yeah I didn't tighten anything yet so anti sieze it is.

theBradford said:
Not yet but I definitely will hit them with some anti seize. What did you use to cut the chain to size?

4 inch grinder...then a punch and hammer. Very carefully. The link you are grinding the rivets on will be discarded. just be careful not to tag a link you want to keep.

And w all that being said. I will be the first to admit, I believe Sonreir knows a whole hell of a lot more about 360s than I.

Back
Top Bottom