Street &/or track helmet choices. Who prefers what?

Simpson Outlaw Bandit, snell & dot aproved, lighweight, fits perfect, noise at ton speed but I use earplugs, badass look. Plannig to buy a Bell 500 or Davida as an open face helmet option.

currently wear two Suomys (one gloss black with stickers and the other glo-in-the-dark, yep it glows alien green in the dark heeheeheehee) and they are the most comfy helmets i've worn in over 30 years of riding. i got given an Agv (used to work for the importer) and its about as comfortable as yer average steel band.......selling it to pay for a new one as the suomys are both about 6 or 7 years old...RIP
thinking about one of these based on looks alone but a bit suss on internet helmet purchasing.........

KGrHqFHJEE88mKty3BPcYTj2kww60_12.jpg

I wear a 1960's World Famous (gold flake)
Should I not wear such an old helmet? this is interesting stuff, I've never heard about a helmet just wearing out.

Shoei RF1000. Been wearing it about 6 years. Fits my head perfectly, fairly quiet yet well vented. Also look for washable/replaceable liners. I like the visor design too. Stays in place when it's supposed to. Easy to replace when necessary. Those are the things I look for.

I also convinced my wife to get a full face helmet after her cousin's face was saved during a belly down faceplant on his bike. Easy sell.

Cork lined Buco 1/2 helmet from the 60s (says Snell 1968 on the label). Colorado made police 1/2 helmet from 1997, can't remember the brand. Couple of cheap HJC and KBC 1/2 helmets from 2005-2007. 2008 HJC (I think) 3/4 helmet. Might have an ancient Bell 3/4 floating around here still, gave away my 9/81 built Arai 3/4 shell.

And an ancient Bell full face that I'm going to turn into a hanging planter...

The day the feds tell me "wear a full face or don't ride" is the day my bikes will hit the metal shredder. I've already retired my vintage racer project, it's going back to street legal.

Back
Top Bottom