1972 Nopar Volksrod Hellride

They make coil pack re locator kits, as well as a coil pack cover that is designed to look like a valve cover. With that, you can run any LS with a carb. That being said, Holley and a few other companies make an EFI system that looks like a carb...... So you can totally make an LS look like an old engine. Easy breezy. Not including, the t-56 magnum (6 speed) transmission is smaller and lighter than just about any other automatic transmission.

The last bit of engine id for now:

77150-200219215325.jpeg

14101074 = early to mid-80s Z28 aluminum 305 intake manifold.

These are good to about 5k. Some refer to them as a smog intake. This may go relatively early for an Edelbrock 7104 Performer, 14057053 Quadrajet or even a vintage Edelbrock S2P2. An early change will be the cam, as the plan is to go with an Edelbrock 2102 which is 204/ 214 @ 050 and 420/442 lift

I'm still trying to figure out these heads. A large consensus seems to be to go with World Products 58cc S/R Cylinder Heads. Chamber and valve dimensions closely match the heads I have on it now.

irk miller said:
My wife will be driving one of these within the next 3 - 5 years, I promise.

My wife wants one now......................If anyone is interested in a 1990 mighty max pickup, ex cab, power steering, auto, w/ac (not working)

and needs some tlc. Runs, but not very well.

I'd like to trade for a slightly used bugger. Prefer 70 to 72.

But possibly the type 2 style.

just throwing that out there............................sorry for the thread jack Eric.

WhyNot said:
My wife wants one now......................If anyone is interested in a 1990 mighty max pickup, ex cab, power steering, auto, w/ac (not working)

and needs some tlc. Runs, but not very well.

I'd like to trade for a slightly used bugger. Prefer 70 to 72.

But possibly the type 2 style.

just throwing that out there............................sorry for the thread jack Eric.

PM sent. I don't have a bug for trade but my buddy is looking for a truck :eek:

Sprint headers come out of the heads (the mounting plate is angled to the pipes) level to the ground, which made the outlet hit the body. There really isn’t an off the shelf option, so I decided cut the mounting plate off square to the pipes, flip it and weld it back on so the pipes come straight out of the heads. This gives me the necessary body clearance...

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 210
I took a couple of 60s C10 running lights, filled each one with 2 strips of LEDs (running,brake), cut the grills to fit the lenses, welded mounting screws to the inside of the deck lid. The flipped the trim and riveted them on. ( I did not pay $65)

Attachments

• IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 201
is it going to transform into a honda salesman?

Optimus Function?

The Mad Potter?

the suspense is killing me

LOL. I don't want to keep the vents, since it's not an engine bay anymore and I need functional tail lights, so I'm having a bit of fun. I have a pair of Pontiac Catalina tail light lenses that I intend to make tail lights out of, but I haven't bought the metal yet. I'm either going to fill the vents with sheet, or I'm going to buy a smooth deck lid eventually.

Or you could fill the vents under the window w LEDs, Make them hidden sequential turns w center brake light.

This should answer the front shocks question. So much better of a ride.

Attachments

• IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
trek97 said:
Or you could fill the vents under the window w LEDs, Make them hidden sequential turns w center brake light.

I thought about that, but this is where the plan starts. Just waiting on material to arrive from Nebraska.

77150-240219080811.jpeg

That's an awesome photo of your rods. Do another with the choppers out front too. You have great toys bud.

Absolutely need to put them bikes out there....................so cool.

The picture reminds me of an old dirt track race car. Very 1939-1940 looking. Going to be a great and fun ride!

Thanks y'all. So, a little Quadrajet fun. I rebuilt what I have of this carb. Unfortunately, the PO gave me a 4mv Quadrajet with only 2 barrels working and no choke pull, as they call it. Not thinking too much into it, I figured I would just buy a new one, easy peasy. Well, eff you says the gods of Rochester. I just so happen to have a 7040263 Quadrajet (pic is before rebuild):

77150-250219211237.jpeg

This particular Quadrajet is off of a manual 1970 Pontiac 400 GTO which, race fans, means The Judge:

58829671-770-0@2X.jpg

Anyhoo, so because I was so graciously sold a Quadrajet that totally lacked this here part:

PO-5001.jpg

I got to pay an extra $25 core charge to get a rebuilt choke pull. Now, many people would bulk at such a thing. However, these are no longer made and they are getting hard to get. I actually feel a bit lucky that Carbs Unlimited was willing to sell me one without a core, because when they run out they run out. Others may say, hey dude, just buy another carb off of Ebay and get rid of that carb altogether. Well, my friends, that may yet happen. But, I kinda want to play with this carb. Old school dudes raced them, and they have some good muscle car history. Plus, for whatever reason, maybe the Judge thing, but this carb is going on Ebay rebuilt for no less than $400.

Back
Top Bottom