What is your favorite motorcycle from the past?

A 1976 MV Agusta 750 Sport America. One of the most pretty Italians ever.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 431
As a kid I was in love with Perry and Scotts double fuel Triumph "Stage Fright". I always dreamed of pulling the trigger on it. Would still love a chance.

I hope this is the right picture, hard to tell from a thumbnail pic, but the 1966 Honda RC166 was a work of art. DOHC four-stroke inline six, four valves per cylinder, just under 250cc, turning 18,000rpm, 251 pounds, seven speed, 60hp, with a top speed a little over 149mph, just fantastic.

Attachments

• 541.jpg
    541.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 750
It would be impossible to pick a single bike, but of the bikes that I have owned these stand out in my memory.

Crazy

Attachments

• Kawasaki HI.jpg
    Kawasaki HI.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 219
  • Yamaha TZR.jpg
    Yamaha TZR.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 217
1981 suzuki gsx1100 katana. Coolest looking bike of all time, in my mind
54_Suzuki_GSX_1100_S_Katana.jpg

http://www.cmmilanese.it/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/54_Suzuki_GSX_1100_S_Katana.jpg

If I had to pick a bike for everyday riding it would have to be a prewar Inter Norton like this,

My very first "2 wheeled" love. :)

It was the first time I'd ever really taken notice of a motorcycle before. How could I not? 1971 h1a 500 Triple Sound!! Smell!! Speed!! I was hooked. ;D

Yes, many others followed, but this was the first. You don't forget the first.

Only one? The 850 Commando for it's ride. The 650 Ural for its sidecar and "unique" traits, CB77 cuz I never got to ride it after getting it running.'84 H-D Lowrider cuz I never got to ride it much. It was in Oklahoma and I was in Germany. It was stolen. CB175, It's just a neat bike. R-69, Dead reliable and rode great. Even after the Ural sidecar was added. Oh Hell they all had good traits I miss. I never had enough time with any these or the others I didn't list.

Drewski said:
My very first "2 wheeled" love. :)

Mine was the same model as in the photo I posted - charcoal grey with the sculpted tank.

No one will ever build a bike as exciting as it was in its day!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Mine was the same model as in the photo I posted - charcoal grey with the sculpted tank.

No one will ever build a bike as exciting as it was in its day!

Crazy

The '69/'70's are beautiful for sure. I "fell for the younger sister" is all. ;) 8)

I cant imagine any bike being equally scary and fun as an early Indian board track racer, 1000cc, 7hp.

75mph on that thing, I bet even Chuck Norris would piss his pants.

11494-020115071211.jpeg

11494-020115074413.png

I've had countless bikes over the years, but you never forget your first...in my case it was a 305 Scrambler

Attachments

• honda-cl-77-10.jpg
    honda-cl-77-10.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 225
did someone say Vmax.....

and of course Soichiro's pride and joy......

there have been other daliances over the years but i don't intend to be without at least one each of these little fellers for the rest of my riding days

Back
Top Bottom