Might buy a Yamaha DT360

motormayhem

Found a complete, but not running '74 DT360 with a spare motor for $600. Wanted to get peoples opinion on this bike and parts availability before I pulled the trigger. Also whats a fair price for this bike now / fixed up?

600 would be very top doller for that lot
not a very desirable bike but condition is everything, the earlier RT 360 is more the collector bike

In, my neck of the woods..... a DT360 is very desirable with a dedicated following and several web sites. They were strong for the era. If I found a complete one in good shape with an extra engine for 6 bills, it would be in my garage..... Neighbor sold one recently, really clean sold for $3,300. I thought that was high, but he literally had guys lined up to buy it. I've been to a few swaps lately and vintage enduro's are climbing quick.

What about parts availability? I think I would probably use it for a while and then sell it or make a flat tracker out of it.

When I was a kid a friends dad worked at the county dump. Some guy was going to throw one away that didn't start and lost 2nd gear. So he had him throw it in the back of his truck. Cleaned the plug, told us kids to stay away from 2nd gear and his yard. Rode that thing for 3-4 years. that was back in 81 I think, good times. 8)

Back
Top Bottom