77 CJ360. "Sadie"

got the rest of the parts polished and cleaned...

2f4b4bd3.jpg

6830e096.jpg

ff1b7049.jpg

e3c8c9e5.jpg

d129c91b.jpg

3e645279.jpg

ad0bf828.jpg

a5ad96b2.jpg

I also got new bolts for everything so it will shine like new. 20 bucks at ACE and i'm good to go.

Does anyone know where to get these felt washers? i didn't pull the out or cover them when the hub got shined up, and now theyre pretty nasty... any thoughts? These guys right here....
beee2913.jpg

Up next, tackling the seat...

starting with this.
04976b54.jpg

hopefully ending up with something like this.
284ba80b.jpg

f0944ed7.jpg

Been a bit since I updated. Just been bolting everything back on, reconnecting wires, and getting the final pieces together. I'm still waiting on the tank to be painted, Luther to get here so I can upholster this seat, and waiting on wheels to return from Buchanan... I hit two snags along the way. My throttle housing is worn and sticky with years of grime... And while disassembling the exhaust, a piece Of inner tubing inside the muffler fell out, and a little piece is still in there, rattling about. But other than that, serious progress. Pics follow.

735ab15d.jpg

4def92d1.jpg

02558aa3.jpg

2a413033.jpg

c1bb7df3.jpg

I'm hoping to be on her next month... If all goes swimmingly.

Re: 77 CJ360. "Sadie" .... Getting closer....

Small update;

There was two packages that arrived today, first was the leather for my seat. How I love the smell of it...

Got the new throttle assembly, front brake perch, and kill switch from DCC today as well, bolted on the throttle, and boom: problem solved. Smooth throttle spin back with no resistance.

The blue of the kill switch is a touch off from the color I've been using, so I painted that and its drying. Also has three wire, (Male, Male, Male) as opposed to the two wire (male, female) from the stock housing, so theres that to do too...

The front brake perch is fine as well. I just now have to find a way to drill through it for the brake light indicator switch from the stock perch. One step forward, two steps back.

I also wrapped the exhaust headers and began to chip away the melted plastic or whatever it is on the bottom of the collector to prepare for paint.

7f53eb23.jpg

26a225b9.jpg

6d3068e9.jpg

Killswitch...

I got some more stuff done, so I figured I'd update.
I painted the covers with help from my girlfriend. Got the wiring mostly finished; the horn doesn't work though, and I don't know why. I feel like the button isn't making a connection, but whatever, I'll figure it out sooner or later. I also said whatever to my stock muffler. I got one off of DCC and had to weld on a new adapter to fit. 2 bucks and 50 cents later at auto zone and I had the right size. I also tried my mirrors, which I immediately thought looked ridiculous. So also thanks to a tip, dime city also came to my rescue there. In, the mail. Here are some pictures.

lil paint
e5964f82.jpg

0f636b3e.jpg

new exhaust.
6951decc.jpg

b6ed9d6e.jpg

f3d7f520.jpg

Ugly mirrors on drag bars... must save for later date
8ee2be71.jpg

eb47c75a.jpg

0d260a3b.jpg

oh yeah the whole light in blue headlight tint was wayyyy too blue when i turned it on; so i definitely stole the stripe-age idea from milehigh's 450. his is in yellow and looks way sick so i ripped it off bad, sorry man. :D

Re: 77 CJ360. "Sadie" Getting Closer...

Here are some more pictures of what has been getting done.

3df8235d.jpg

1bdedc0b.jpg

13739ae2.jpg

b8cdbcf8.jpg

20b4204e.jpg

0c734604.jpg

rear wheel, on. waiting on new brake pads for front brake and a new chain.

Attachments

• 08459ce1.jpg
    08459ce1.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 785214c6.jpg
    785214c6.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 331
thanks for kind words dudes. its all coming together, and finally starting to look like it. the tank and cowl are back from painting and I set them up for some shots. i love that blue, it turned out reallllly nice. ;D the front wheel goes on tomorrow. and we'll be rolling....

af7fcb4e.jpg

3db90852.jpg

Attachments

• 64f72c21.jpg
    64f72c21.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 234340bc.jpg
    234340bc.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 334
Wow, very pretty blue that happens to be around my favorite color of blue. My bike is not to far off from that. 8) You are about about done looks like bro.

got a lot more done. had to do it all 3 times, but i did it, forgot the cotter pins on the front brake and had to redo it when I had the wheel mounted. here are some pictures. also the brake light is mounted and cowl is carpeted inside.

f5c28ebc.jpg

1aeb3540.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO1kdt1xV3s&context=C4274d13ADvjVQa1PpcFOawQeqh8uIbB3lmDbLOaRDwqLdaEUoD-E=

Welp, it was all going so smoothly, I naturally had to stumble into something to slow me down....

The front brake line just barely doesn't want to get in the handle, a headache I'm sure I'll figure out soon. But the real issue is this odd part I can't remember where it came from.
I have this nut and bolt and two washers, the bag I had them in was labeled front hub, but I cant figure out where it came from. Any ideas?... Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 312
Back
Top Bottom