'78 CB400T POS

fury413rb said:
why no fork dust seals?

I did have gaiters on, but they were busted. I took them off and liked the look without. Your concern is aesthetic or function? It obviously still has the rubber 'seals' in place...

Duchat said:
That is actually the color I was thinking. Kinda brown and purple all at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yeah, this could be cool. I'll do some photoshop-ing and see what's up...

Drey6 said:
What did you do with all the wires after the headlight swap?

I removed the indicator light harness and re-wrapped the main harness so that it would fit under the tank on top of the spine of the frame. It still needs a lot of work. The battery is supposed to mount under the seat so that it's clean. I'll try to take some pics next time I have the tank off...

Jonny H. said:
I did have gaiters on, but they were busted. I took them off and liked the look without. Your concern is aesthetic or function? It obviously still has the rubber 'seals' in place...

just function - moisture sitting on top but I guess the same thing can happen inside of the wiper anyway.

jxnduncan said:
i'd like to see a progress report on this build. everything looks great man.

Thanks, man. I've hardly made any progress and actually had a couple setbacks. I'm installing new exhaust this week, so I'll upload...

cool i'll be looking out for them. i just started my build all my electronics are pretty much screwed but im hopeing i can get all that straightened out soon. i just replaced the stator yesterday.

OK. I got the new exhaust installed and the tank painted. I've been riding the hell out of it, so I might just call it finished. I'll upload some better photos soon. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Attachments

• 20150426_124322.jpg
    20150426_124322.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 282
Here are some more pics:

Attachments

• CB400TII_Carb.jpg
    CB400TII_Carb.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 260
  • CB400TII_Front.jpg
    CB400TII_Front.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 260
  • CB400TII_Left.jpg
    CB400TII_Left.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 252
  • CB400TII_Motor.jpg
    CB400TII_Motor.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 268
  • CB400TII_Rear.jpg
    CB400TII_Rear.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 266
  • CB400TII_Right.jpg
    CB400TII_Right.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 260
  • CB400TII_Tach.jpg
    CB400TII_Tach.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 250
  • CB400TII_Wheel.jpg
    CB400TII_Wheel.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 265
Drey6 said:
Carb set up... Did I miss that?

No, I didn't document:

They are Mikuni VM32's with intake manifolds and universal 2-into-1 throttle cable from Dime. Definitely gained horsepower and fuel efficiency and the throttle response is much improved over the stock carbs. I installed the MAC 2-1 exhaust system before the Mikunis and can tell you that it ran like shit with the stock carbs and I could never really get the jetting right. But, the Mikunis ran decent out of the box. I would probably go with the VM30s if I had to do it over. The 32s are overkill for this motor -- my .02

And yes -- I did drop the bike off the back of my truck and thrashed the side cover and seat so the bike would have some patina ;)

Back
Top Bottom