What motorcycle has the best aftermarket support?

Frenchtom

Hi guys. The subject line says it all. Im thinking its the CB750 but are there others out there? Im looking for more than just tires and levers, things like cams, pistons, ignition systems, etc.

Thanks,
Tom B

Frenchtom said:
Hi guys. The subject line says it all. Im thinking its the CB750 but are there others out there? Im looking for more than just tires and levers, things like cams, pistons, ignition systems, etc.

Thanks,
Tom B

Kawasaki Z1-KZ/900/1000 and the SOHC 750s are on par. Edge to the Kawa I think.

As far as engine, the Suz GS series has been built to death in the drag racing circles.

The CB350 has some a few dedicated companies that support it's roadracing heritage.
Todd Henning: http://thrhonda.com/THR/THR_HOME.html and Bore-Tech: http://bore-tech.com/, to name two.

jcw said:
As far as engine, the Suz GS series has been built to death in the drag racing circles.

And as it happens... I have one of those (GS750) for sale at a very reasonable price... :)

I would guess that it's a Yamaha since they still make spares for old bikes.

Would say SR500/400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselKrampus said:
Nobody has mentioned the Honda XR series yet?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Great bikes, but not exactly terrific candidates for "cafe racers" I don't think. That said, I am just assuming that's the OPs interest, this being DTT and all.

Good point. Probably not a bad basis for a scrambler/tracker though...

Although there is a pretty cool xr400 cafe racer on YouTube if you search for it. Forget who the builder was though.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

The XS650 is very high on the list. Oft forgotten around here, but the venerable Triumph twins of the 60s/70s are also VERY well supported by the aftermarket. As is the Sportster from HD.

XS, CB, GS, KZ, they all have a healthy aftermarket.

BMW is another. Couple companies sell every piece of those things NOS.

Back
Top Bottom