Fender Elimination Kits

black350

What exactly is the purpose of a fender eliminator? Is it just to contain the wires that would normally stretch over the rear fender? Is it really essentially just a low profile fender?

I want to put one on a 1971 cl350 build but it will be traveling through dusty areas and I'm concerned eliminating the fender will throw a lot of dirt at the filters. Might be worth keeping the fender in this case but I wonder if the fender is more to keep stuff from flying UP rather than FORWARD, or if it's a big deal to keep the filters covered at all if I have an electronics tray.

Cheers

I wasn't aware they made fender eliminating kits for CB350s. If you plan on actually riding the bike in the real world, keep as much of the fender as possible.

I have a tucked inner rear fender on my cb360, there's about 3" clearance between the top of the fender and the bottom of the seat pan, and I get sand and dirt and road grit ALL over the place. If you plan to ride the thing at all, use at least an inner fender.

You can trace a tangent Line off your tire to see where the projectile will travel to. Most of the junk doesn't fling straight up, some of it hangs on until it's heading right for your motor.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Interestingly enough my buddy and I just put one on his 2011 Bonneville SE Monday night. Here's the before

Resized_20160919_172935_zpsqe6hnytq.jpg

... during ...

IMG_1960_zpskekmb3xt.jpg

And after

20160920_174613_zpsizcrmrcc.jpg

Really gives the back-end a clean minimalist look. In this case the back-half fender is replaced with a powder-coated steel plate. There remains a plastic lower "inner" fender that is not well seen in the photos.

I complete agree with the other commenters that you want a workable fender (or splash-guard of some kind) to keep crap from getting all over the your bike. We also installed the 17-inch reverse-cone mufflers. He has new more compact front turn signals on order to clean up the front end to match.

My understanding, fender eliminator kits were to get rid of the ugly, black plastic over-hanging fenders on sportbikes of the 80s and 90s. They never eliminated the entire fender, but just the end that hung under the rear cowl.

You can see in these two examples:

Back
Top Bottom