Wiring

fanuc controls are what I don't like about Doosan, but my interaction with them are minimal. I am actually getting signed up for some Doosan lathe training here in a few weeks. I guess you get used to whatever you get used to. Most of my machining was done either in a job shop or tool and die shop, and 95% of my jobs were programmed at the machine conversationally. I still stand behind that the Hurco interface is the fastest and easiest of any that ive run (Mazak, Haas, Fanuc, centroid and Trak... even though trak is pretty similar to Hurco on conversational programming) Where hurco is having a hard time keeping up from what ive read on later model machines is rapid and cutting times. Depending on the line of work your in though, that time can be made up when you can program the machine in half the time..

I program my Mori lathe at the machine. It has a Fanuc control. I love it. It's older, no USB. Easier for me to plug in G-Code than to set it up to run drip feed. Give it a week, and it'll be a breeze. Though, I imagine you'll be importing programs from Cam, so all you'll really have to do is set the tools, and make offset and feeds & speeds changes here and there.

Hope you don't get the misfortune of landing on a Doosan with the Seimens control. Their machines have the option from the factory of either Fanuc or Seimens.

J-Rod10 said:
I program my Mori lathe at the machine. It has a Fanuc control. I love it. It's older, no USB. Easier for me to plug in G-Code than to set it up to run drip feed. Give it a week, and it'll be a breeze. Though, I imagine you'll be importing programs from Cam, so all you'll really have to do is set the tools, and make offset and feeds & speeds changes here and there.

Hope you don't get the misfortune of landing on a Doosan with the Seimens control. Their machines have the option from the factory of either Fanuc or Seimens.

Im sure ill pick it up. I have kept up with manual machining for the last 4 years since leaving the tool and die field, but havnt touched a cnc machine in that time, so im sure ill have to knock some rust off. The Doosan has a fanuc controller. Our shop has a fanuc robodrill and a Doosan lathe (with live tooling) and fanuc controls.

Ah, live tooling. That is what I want next. Amazing how much time that can save, cutting out ops and such.

Back
Top Bottom