My ugly BMW k100

I was looking at the GSXR fork swap for my next build ..... you mention "machining spacers" for the front wheel.

So presumably the front wheel is not GSXR ? Forgive my ignorance, but anything past a CB750 agewise has just passed me by !

Thanx for the info. BTW - not many Kays on this forum.

Hey man, you are correct about the wheel! The front is from a triumph sprint st 2006 and the rear is from a k1200s. Machining the spacers just meant putting the GSXR ones on a lathe until they were the correct width 8)

I agree about the K bikes being a rarity, nice to see someone in the same boat as me!

i dig the shape this bike is taking..... big displacement without all the extra junk all over the bike.... rings to me like a small waisted lady with a bubble butt ;D one of my favorite combinations...... good work man

NakedWing82 said:
i dig the shape this bike is taking..... big displacement without all the extra junk all over the bike.... rings to me like a small waisted lady with a bubble butt ;D one of my favorite combinations...... good work man

Haha thanks man

Finnigan said:
Hey man, you are correct about the wheel! The front is from a triumph sprint st 2006 and the rear is from a k1200s. Machining the spacers just meant putting the GSXR ones on a lathe until they were the correct width 8)

I agree about the K bikes being a rarity, nice to see someone in the same boat as me!

Ahhhh - thanx for that. I'm currently using K1200 front and back wheels with modified K1100 forks and K100 yokes.

Kays are a well kept secret !!!! I got involved about 10 years ago and soon became hooked.

Back then peeps were almost giving them away [ the unloved ones ].

I've been lucky in as much as I have a pal who I do the odd bit of consultancy work for [ replica sports cars ] and I get to use his facilities and contacts to develop stuff for my bikes ! Shox [ RAM ] progressive fork springs and Hi-Po ignition leads [ plug wires ]

Currently looking at an Eaton supercharger to fit atop my spare low mileage K1100 RS motor that's "sitting waiting" !

Front calipers are on, handlebars finally have risers to clear fork adjusters and I mocked up the dashboard mount

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,387
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 754
  • IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 648
Bike fell when I was taking off the center stand, a lug nut went through the case, 600lb monster laying in a pool of oil = not fun

Attachments

• busted case.JPG
    busted case.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 3,327
Sorry to hear she dropped but at least it's not a real drop while your on it! Here's a pic of my buddies K, I believe it's an 85' he isn't all the way complete but is close.
2yne3eda.jpg

He is pretty pissed now with a recent issue.
Haven't heard the full story but it has to do with his old boss checking out the bike and revving it to redline like a jackass while it was parked and in neutral. He said he rode it home, heard a weird noise and his back wheel seized up near his place. Hard telling what bearing is fucked or whatever else happened.

My neighbor tried to do that once when I got my bike. I understand wanting to hear the bike but it's fucking 35 years old! Give the old gal a break! I made him stop pretty abruptly. I rode away right after that and we haven't talked since... Awkward.

Damn, yeah I can't think of what that could be either, wonder if he seized something inside the case.

I will say that seeing the leap in technology from a 75 cb360 to a '90 k100 makes me want to go out and buy a 'modern' bike.

When gauges start lighting up and being great in all there digital glory, it changes things. Rode a friends 07' Ninja 250r and other than feeling like I was riding a moped, it was nice to see the gauges and have a radiator on such a tiny bike.

same thing happened to my bike last year, the wheel just suddenly seized up. took me feckin ages to diagnose it but after stripping down the entire engine i found that the big end shell of one of the pistons had smashed to pieces and jammed it up. tell him to check for metal fragments in the engine casing

Electronic gremlins have been destroyed, went for a ride today and everything feels good. The throttle bodies need sync'd but the new tires and suspension feels really great, its time to get rid of that seat, do a general cleaning and maybe do a little painting.

The fun part starts now :D

Attachments

• left.JPG
    left.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 2,114
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 2,028
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 2,121
Mate that looks heaps better than original, im not normally a Beemer fan but thats nice!

Anmic said:
Mate that looks heaps better than original, im not normally a Beemer fan but thats nice!

Nice of you to say, thank you! Hopefully I can make the bike a bit more special without mucking it up too badly :eek:

Updates are a little slow, I'm having way too much fun with my brand new ride: 2015 Subaru WRX Limited!!!

Attachments

• Slick.JPG
    Slick.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,990
I think you mean you're having too much fun in your new Mitsubishi Evo XI ;-) (kidding!!)

The bike's looking great man, keep going! :)

Back
Top Bottom