Sachs 150cc 2-stroke repair

That would be good to be able to run around on it whenever you like after you did such good work to it David. How does the transmission and clutch work now ?

grcamna5 said:
That would be good to be able to run around on it whenever you like after you did such good work to it David. How does the transmission and clutch work now ?
It works just great, think i did not dare to torque down the plate retaining the gear positions and kick axle enough first time around. My father, not being really that careful, plus having some 40years experience with these engines corrected my mistake, much to his pleasure.. ;)
But i think the clutch repair was succesful. Will see how many miles it holds up first..!

Got the plate!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449577711979.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449577711979.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 165
Tune-A-Fish said:
Yay! Gettin cooler here so riding will be slowing down until spring.
Yea, garage season has started in sweden, no snow yet though so i may ride this to the final inspection!

Made a little heatshield, brazed the mounts to the silencer. Turned out nice, thinking about nickel plating it!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449686517758.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449686517758.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 168
I love it too! Its a first kick starter nowadays really looking forward to doing some icecream runs this summer on it..

From what i heard about plating, copper or nickel - surely i'll need to polish it before plating?
Supposed to be mirror finish even when croming since the plating is so thin..
Copper is a nice idea but the yammy is kinda covered with it, think nickel will look great. Usually it gets copper before the nickel layer.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Yep and Yep. A good shop will polish it even if you do.
Yea i guess they operate by different standards
Mirror shine to me isnt mirror shine to them..

Brazing looks real nice against the linoleum burnt pipe!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449755056759.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449755056759.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 170
Neat bike man. And great repair skills. I love the shot of the engine sitting in the front seat of the car with the seatbelt on! Looks like its got some personality haha. I would to find one of these and put my Sachs single rotor rotary engine in it. Would be a fun project :)

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Neat bike man. And great repair skills. I love the shot of the engine sitting in the front seat of the car with the seatbelt on! Looks like its got some personality haha. I would to find one of these and put my Sachs single rotor rotary engine in it. Would be a fun project :)
There are tons of old lightweights still about here, getting an old rolling frame w/o engine shouldnt cost much. I just heard about the sachs rotarys a few days ago, never knew that was the engine Norton was experimenting with..
There's supposed to be a lot of them in old snowmobiles.

datadavid said:
There are tons of old lightweights still about here, getting an old rolling frame w/o engine shouldnt cost much. I just heard about the sachs rotarys a few days ago, never knew that was the engine Norton was experimenting with..
There's supposed to be a lot of them in old snowmobiles.

Yep, its true - they worked pretty awesome in snowmobiles. And there were a lot imported into Australia in the 70s (I think, maybe 80s?) as stationary engines to drive pumps etc. I first heard about them when I saw one in an antique shop in the country side in Victoria. I was immediately intrigued and suspected it was a unique engine. So I bought it! Mine was used by the fire brigade in Perth years and years ago. Unfortunately its pretty hard to get parts for them these days - especially wearing parts like bearings and seals. I'll rebuild it one day and put it in one of these chassis - like you say, it shoudnt be too hard to find one :)

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Yep, its true - they worked pretty awesome in snowmobiles. And there were a lot imported into Australia in the 70s (I think, maybe 80s?) as stationary engines to drive pumps etc. I first heard about them when I saw one in an antique shop in the country side in Victoria. I was immediately intrigued and suspected it was a unique engine. So I bought it! Mine was used by the fire brigade in Perth years and years ago. Unfortunately its pretty hard to get parts for them these days - especially wearing parts like bearings and seals. I'll rebuild it one day and put it in one of these chassis - like you say, it shoudnt be too hard to find one :)
Yea, i see old lightweights on Blocket all the time, can imagine you can also get rotor seals custom made in sweden, there's so much expertise in our industries.

Back
Top Bottom