Get a single piston 4 stroke they said... SR250 Engine Trouble

since your jets looked dirty after cleaning, you need a new fuel line and small inline fikter.

if your gas is pale yellow, it is old or the tank has rust.

if the tank dried up with gas it may have left jurassic goo in the bottom and ptting new gas in will dissolve the goo and ruin the gas.

barnett468 said:
since your jets looked dirty after cleaning, you need a new fuel line and small inline fikter.

if your gas is pale yellow, it is old or the tank has rust.

if the tank dried up with gas it may have left jurassic goo in the bottom and ptting new gas in will dissolve the goo and ruin the gas.

Did you clean out the fuel tank yet jjacks31 ?

Checking the tank is on the to do list today. Need to make a home depot run and grab jerry cans and a host of other shop stuff before I can drain the tack etc.

Come on, don't be a dick. I assumed the guy knew what he was doing. Spark, fuel air all accounted for and a cleaned carb. Assuming this, a hard start with a BS34 and a mismatched pilot and main jet or a hard run from the same jet combo can be a bugger to deal with. The BS34 is never as clean as you want it internally.

As I have said before, I have an SR250 with a prepped motor. By me. After a few months of running, my bike get a bit of a hard start and the 1/4 throttle response get a big laggy. I drain the bowl, and I put some seafoam in the tank. It wakes the start up circuit just fine and the throttle response pulling from lights goes back to normal after about 30kms.

I know you don't think it works, but please, don't be a dick to someone that thinks it does.

cosworth said:
Come on, don't be a dick.

I know you don't think it works, but please, don't be a dick to someone that thinks it does.

Attachments

• HAHAAAAAAAA.jpg
    HAHAAAAAAAA.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 523
Been a while since I posted... after some soul searching and troubleshooting with a mechanic buddy it ended up being the ignition unit the whole time. Was running out of ideas and found a new one on ebay for cheap, threw it in and presto she ran beautifully. about 4 minutes later blew a head gasket. Turns out the old one was fused from overheating in the past. New gasket is in and I've daily driven the bike for 3 weeks and over 150 miles without a hiccup.

jjacks31 said:
Been a while since I posted... after some soul searching and troubleshooting with a mechanic buddy it ended up being the ignition unit the whole time. Was running out of ideas and found a new one on ebay for cheap, threw it in and presto she ran beautifully. about 4 minutes later blew a head gasket. Turns out the old one was fused from overheating in the past. New gasket is in and I've daily driven the bike for 3 weeks and over 150 miles without a hiccup.

That's great news jjacks !
I'm glad you sorted through it enough to get her on the road and dependable!
That's an excellent basic transportation and fun ride that gets terrific fuel mileage :)

Back
Top Bottom