I have a CB360E and need help.

ALSO, replace the missing bolt in the rear wheel adjustor on the right side of the rear axel.

Do it soon before you get it fired up. It would be easy to forget that in the excitement of getting her running and try to go for a test ride.

index.php

trek97 said:
Unscrew the tip off the end of the plug, it will fit in the boot.

Not sure what the "U" stands for in the denso part #. (W24ES) is specified by Honda for use in the 360.

I run the NGK B8ES. Simply cause its readily available at Advance Auto and NGK makes a good quality product.

The 'U' is a 'U' groove in the ground strap (side electrode) It's supposedly an 'upgrade'?

Johnnygonzoe said:
Sorry for confuzing you guys. It pops but doesn't run. (NO) I didn't use the new spark plug

Check you have the correct points wire going to the correct spark plug.
Easiest thing to do is remove plugs, fit into HT leads then manually open or short points (if they are already open)
Old plugs are not a problem if they are sparking reliably

Alright gentman sorry I've been gone for while I've been out the county. So for some reason the motorcycle killed my battery. I brought it to the auto parts store and it has a dead cell. So I got a new one. As I was testing it. The voltage on the battery dropped considerable. For 12.85 volts to 12.15 volts I've taken the battery out. But don't know what to do next?? Any suggestions gentleman?

Coils in circuit (when testing) draw about 4 amps. 0.7v drop is not excessive

No, it did not go back up it stayed at 12.15 volts. What I did notice with the first battery was after it drained it and i left it on it killed the battery cell. I have a feeling it's going to happen to the second one. So could it be a falty wireing on my wire harness, or regulator, or circit?

Another question gentlemen I was moving the motorcycle to check the coils and I notice my back wheel locked up as i was backing it up? I know its bad. But how bad?

Did you accidentally bump the shifter? Or if you were half-clicked on the shifter it can slide down or up and put itself in gear. Although I'm assuming you already messed with that. Make sure a bolt or something else didn't bind in the chain area or spokes first :)

Johnnygonzoe said:
No, it did not go back up it stayed at 12.15 volts. What I did notice with the first battery was after it drained it and i left it on it killed the battery cell. I have a feeling it's going to happen to the second one. So could it be a falty wireing on my wire harness, or regulator, or circit?

Another question gentlemen I was moving the motorcycle to check the coils and I notice my back wheel locked up as i was backing it up? I know its bad. But how bad?

Bring the battery in to a local shop and have them load test it.

As for the locked wheel, if you were still in gear, no biggie. If you were in neutral, it's very serious.

Took the battery to the parts store did a load test it passed. All it just needed was a change. Checked the chain and the spokes on the rim for any bends or Damages. Everthing looks good. I will take pictures and post them to see if anybody see's diffent. Anybody up northern Illinois that can take a look at it for me to see what my chances are of reviving this motorcycle for my buddy that hasent seen it start in 13+ years.

Reg/rectifier may be faulty or wired wrong if it's draining battery.
Any battery left discharged for more than 30 days will be 'killed'

Back
Top Bottom