two stroke questions

CaferacerMO

Been Around the Block
Okay, so I had a question.

I have been looking into dual sport two stroke bikes and it seems like next to all of them have oil injectors on there.. right now I am having to mix, and the owner before me did the same for the 2 years or so he has been riding it on the roads.
My question is, is this okay?

Mostly I am wanting to know the pro's of having an oil injector for riding on the streets, and if it is safe to continue to just mix... obviously it's a pain in the ass to always be having to self mix the gas, but if it does have many con's I am fine with it. I would rather invest that money else where.

I think you hit the nail on the head, it's inconvenient.
You have to bring oil along with you everywhere and the ratio is never consistent.

When these bikes were new, I don't think the general public would have put up with the hassle when oil injection was available.

If it happens to still be jetted for the pump then it will have to be rejeted for premix. Motocross, premix was no big deal on the street...meh inconvienent.

It really depends on the bike. E.g. a Kawasaki H1 had direct-oil injection into the crankshaft's main-bearings, normally pre-mixing requires a slight rejet and plumbing all the oil-feeds to the crankcase if there are any.

Back
Top Bottom