76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, before & after

trek97 said:
that kind of "beating yourself down" attitude will get you absolutely nothing. Lets see, my 16 yr old daughter requires minimal care and maintenance, I didnt move into a new home. married 20 years...so wife doesnt waste a lot of time talking to me. etc, etc. Other than work, naps, food, sex and sleep. I pretty much get unlimited bike time.

And I love your new A/C unit. I dont understand how people didnt get that as a joke! Sometimes people seem really weird to me. ZERO sense of humor. If you take life that serious...somethings gonna break.

haha im super stoked that you got it going man. i actualy got some time in the garage today and got a bit more done. got some more pictures up on my build
so now that we know it is running.... is the motor coming back out for a fresh coat of red paint? or maybe something..not red..? i kinda like the dirty look of it as it sits.. but im am pretty sure you are not capable of letting it sit when there is the opportunity for another project on it! you better believe i am going to be picking your brain when i pull my motor apart.

That could be interesting...Make bike "pristine" But leave engine as crappy as possible...maybe even crap it up some more w aluminum tape, dings in the cases, bent fins and oil stains...Make it look absolutely junk yard fresh.
That could be cool!?!?!

She is definitely going red again...and I am going to do it in the frame. I was debating it...Im afraid I would completely beat the crap out of it installing it. and in the frame isnt best case...but not as bad as you might think. Alot of plastic wrap, tin foil and tape. Considering I am doing the entire engine.

I am ready to answer any build questions...but ask soon. In 3 days I forget it all!!! LOL.

I take it the video works now?

fatherjon said:
i kinda like the dirty look of it as it sits.. but im am pretty sure you are not capable of letting it sit when there is the opportunity for another project on it!
This is my all time FAV bike. I love Rat bikes.

01_12_2011_rat_goldwing_01.jpg

But to PULL IT OFF what Im talking about the entire bike would HAVE to be perfect, show chrome rims and spokes, perfect polished aluminum, super slick and bright paint, welds, wiring, everything...Only the motor could be messed up.

polish the cases if you do go red again. I liked the red but it def needs some contrast in there to set it off.

axeugene27 said:
polish the cases if you do go red again. I liked the red but it def needs some contrast in there to set it off.
Thankyou, but nope...All red. Only this time Im gonna take it back to the original all red...without the black fins. So even redder. I MAY, leave the new stainless bolts...raw. But Ill wait a week or so on that (make sure all looks well...no leaks or anything.

NOW, I need to tear the front end off...AGAIN. To get my FORK SPRINGS installed. Hell, I bet you forgot all about those!!! they been sitting on top of Fridge in the kitchen collecting dust.

You should have painted components before assembling engine, it's automotive that paints complete

crazypj said:
You should have painted components before assembling engine, it's automotive that paints complete
After a couple weeks of riding I was considering pulling the side case covers, removing starter. Painting those individually so I could cure them properly in the oven. Also that would let me clean anything that makes it to the pickup screen.
What are the chances my gaskets will come off clean? Can I re-use or would I need to replace em?

How many miles do think it might take before I get an accurate compression test?

Dry cylinder assembly?
Probably 2~300 miles, maybe less. (I usually check on assembly then forget about it, I'll check a 378 if I remember, it feels lot higher than directly after building.
I'll be happy with anything over 200psi though
Did you use cheap oil for initial start up?

crazypj said:
Dry cylinder assembly?
Probably 2~300 miles, maybe less. (I usually check on assembly then forget about it, I'll check a 378 if I remember, it feels lot higher than directly after building.
I'll be happy with anything over 200psi though
Did you use cheap oil for initial start up?

I was thinking of using straight 30 non-detergent. there was no talk of that. so, I put the rotella t6 blue bottle in there. Should I change oil soon?

Just run it, maybe about 5~600 miles, just keep an eye on level it may drop slightly.

I would run at higher rpm and get it pulling to make sure ring bed in

NAA, since you wiped the damn thing clean run the detergent oil. MIGHT have to clean the filter more often but at least none of that crap gets left in places.

I run Rotella or Diesel oil in just about every MC/ATV I have ever owned.

Ill just ride her as I always have...like an A-hole! that should do it.

Took a mental health day from work. Hooray!
Got the new BLING installed this morning. Fork springs, fresh from the chrome shop. It now looks bonafide.
The paint wasnt horrible...but this is much better. they took about 2 weeks longer than estimate. but, also came in $20 cheaper than estimate. I am delighted.
http://www.qualitychromeplating.com/

chrome1.jpg

It looks good w the matching Chrome and Black rear springs.

chrome2.jpg

chrome3.jpg

Also Mitch found some "before" shots he snapped prior to dropping her off in my driveway. I didnt know these existed.

original1.jpg

original2.jpg

The best part. The seat was duct taped in silver...Then SPRAY PAINTED BLACK!!!!

original3.jpg

Hey I just had a thought, what did you do with the air boxes? MIGHT talk you out of them if you till have them, and not planning on using them. I wanna test something out on my bike that is giving me issues.

HAHAHAAA, should see mine when I get to slinging parts around. Hell I need to run through most of my spares around and get them sorted.

No hurry, just thinking the CJ boxes are messing with my CB carbs. The crossover tube is the difference.

Had to adjust the clutch cable last night...The new Heavier springs, stretched it about a half inch.
Gonna re-check timing and start chopping plugs also...shes runnin just a bit warm, me thinks.

Timing is dead on. Still, small area between plugs and fins on head measures 308 on left, 288 on right. Headers measure 510 left and 500 right. Didnt do any chops. gonna start that this weekend. Ran her up to 8000 rpm for 30 seconds up hill, in whatever gear 75-80 mph gets me.
anyone else check temps on theirs just for a comparison?

Back
Top Bottom