76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, coils bolted up.

No need to modify frame, run exhaust pipe inside it
I think I've posted my CJ390 several times, here it is again ;D

If your using smaller diameter pipe it should be dead easy (even if it isn't completely symmetrical)

Re: 76 CB360, coils bolted up.

crazypj said:
No need to modify frame, run exhaust pipe inside it
I think I've posted my CJ390 several times, here it is again ;D

If your using smaller diameter pipe it should be dead easy (even if it isn't completely symmetrical)

HA! Apparently "just like "great minds", CRAZY MINDS think alike, too! I was gonna ask you if you ever had!?! I knew if anyone had tried, I could count on you. AND now I remember seeing that pic a while ago. But it sure didnt dawn on me thats what you had done.
So Im guessing no hot fuel issues?

Re: 76 CB360, Custom exhaust idea.

PJ, why did you run BOTH pipes into one on the right side? why not down each side? Like im thinking.

I hadnt planned to use smaller pipe. Ive got a couple pairs of stock headers. Basically planning to chop it up into many short bits, and piece together bends til I get it. Also, I have a Gary, same guy who welded my aluminum coil bracket. He has a bender for this sort of stuff. So If I get stuck w a problem spot. He should be able to save the day. Then through the magic of grinding, paint and LOTS of pipe wrap til it looks acceptable.

Wow, that's a cool idea! I'm tuning in for future developments...

I had a spare set of wheels with trail tyres, used it to get back and fore to work a lot and swapped wheels to go 'exploring' on weekends
Exhaust was made from a 2:1 for a CB400T, 2 liter Ford over axle pipe and front expansion box as a silencer
I cut out the damaged bits and welded it into a shape I liked
From collector back is 1-3/4", you won't need that large a diameter with pipes each side

The cool part only happens when I can make this work. LOL. Otherwise Im just the A-hole who destroyed a perfectly nice pair of CL Highpipes.

but thanks for the encouragement. Also nothing great is going to happen in the next 2 weeks. I have bought and paid for, a bed down in Kentucky for Mr and Mrs Giant Robots', First annual DTT Spring Thaw Mayhem event. I would really like to get the new Avons...soon.

And now the old lady has been watching the Prepper channel. She wants me to pick up a MAC 10, 9mm w 2 30rd magazines (cause 1 30rd mag isnt enough), a laser and a tactical strobe light. Before they get banned. I swore no more guns...but a MAC 10, now thats always a good idea!

MPA930SST-X_medium_zps26bf1916.jpg
[/URL]

To be perfectly honest, she wanted a .22lr, and Im like, "Why would you want to poke a hole in someones arm/leg, just leaving them pissed off." The 9mm will be cheaper for "fun times" than the .45 version. Masterpiece Arms makes all three.

Just thought I would toss in a pic of the raw materials I have collected for this project. W all these bends, wiggles I should be able to come up w something close.

pipes_zps79e23b2b.jpg
[/URL]

I would use the CL left pipe as it is, use the stock pipes for right side (suitably cut and modified) then keep the good CL right pipe in one piece (just in case it doesn't work so you can still have CL exhaust)
See if you can find some cheap Harley pipes, usually pick them up reasonably cheap because they were 'blued' ::)

If I were you, I'd check out Summit Racing. They probably have most of the combination of stuff you need. That would free up the CL pipes for shipment to yours truly. :D

crazypj said:
I would use the CL left pipe as it is, use the stock pipes for right side (suitably cut and modified) then keep the good CL right pipe in one piece (just in case it doesn't work so you can still have CL exhaust)
See if you can find some cheap Harley pipes, usually pick them up reasonably cheap because they were 'blued' ::)

I can do that. Jesus, look what you did...we know it can work. w enough time and money.

Sonreir said:
If I were you, I'd check out Summit Racing. They probably have most of the combination of stuff you need. That would free up the CL pipes for shipment to yours truly. :D

LOL, thats a good one! Oh maybe you weren't joking.

sorry the CL left is just in the pic. I plan to use it on the left.

and a pic of the rail mounted 120 lumen strobe w laser combo unit. She found on Amazon. for the low price of $120 bucks.
Screenshot2013-04-28at111712AM_zpsc00b808d.png
[/URL]

Sonreir said:

so lets see MAC 10 w xtra mag, lights & ammo bout $800, avons mounted $300. so I will sell these pipes for an even $1100. oh plus shipping.

Re: 76 CB360, considering custom pipes idea.

trek97 said:
Ok I am seriously considering making a custom right exhaust to make room for rearsets. I Already have a set of Stock CL high pipes I would use for the left side. (so thats easy) It is in a CL high pipes sort of idea. but keeping the balance of duals w one on each side to match the other.

The new pipe would need to clear the dipstick. Not too much of a problem. The frame tube nearest the carbs would have to be modified a bit to fit the pipe nicely tween the kickstarter & frame.

This way it would free up tons of space. I would be able to cut and move the rear peg brackets. bringing the pegs a couple inches lower and forward, (still clearing the kicker) if I make this happen w the stock pegs they may also fold up.
also, (with the pipes moved out of current location) there would be plenty of room for the brake pedal to clear the kicker.
And I would loose the center stand.

I will have to come up w shielding to keep the carbs/fuel lines from heating up.

anybody see something I am missing? with this kooky idea.

exhaust_zpsdb16bd2e.jpg
[/URL]

Looks like a cool idea. You'll want a heat shield on there though if you are going to run on the outside of the frame... could be a recipe for crispy ankles otherwise.

Ooh! I just noticed my pic of the Kawasaki triple is in the header.... SWEET!

I like it I just did something similar with my SR

Attachments

• photo(20).JPG
    photo(20).JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 213
Back
Top Bottom