"Dago" Resurrecting a 350F gently

Re: "Dago Roller" Resurrecting a 350F gently

teazer said:
Making progress there. What is holding the back of the tank up so high and can it be adjusted? If the back end came down it would line up much better with that seat and would look more integrated.
Well the frame flares out on the tubes going down to the engine mounts so I will have to spread the bottom of the tank out a little so it sits down some. I won't be able to get it to go further than maybe 2 inches because the bottom of the tank will hit the frame. I will be modifiing that seat anyways so I'll make the front part of it come up to meet the tank nicely. Give it a dome shape in the front so to speak. The seat wont have that long lip either, just enough to cover up the clips that hold the side covers on.

Pulled the bearings this morning, just need to clear it before putting the new bearings and seals in. going to look into a powder gun so I can start baking my parts in the free oven we acquired.

Tonight I'm going to try to put the pistons on and get the jug block on the engine. Until then...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366816535983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366816535983.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 204

She's comin on big style now ronnie back end polished up real nice 8) had the same prob with the tank n seat line up ??? ended up lifting tank front n back lined up with seat better :) gonna add pics n theory to my thread might help ya :-\ sounds like ya keepin busy keep it up mate ;)

This week I ordered my 520 sprocket kit from Motomadness, my dyna coils, sparkplug wires, and electronic ignition, ordered a new head gasket for the 466cc kit since I have lost mine over the months, and a spare set of piston rings just in case I pop one during install. Next to order is my rear rim and spokes from Buchanan. Bought some new shoes for the cb350f since those replica tires were terrible.

Now my dad and I are settling on a TIG welder, it's between a Miller or an Eastwood.. When that's home, yall can start looking for some real progress!

I debated the same thing. Went with the Miller. More expensive, but....its a Miller. You can trust them. Haven't regretted it a bit. Look into the Hobart EZ TIG as well. Same thing as the Miller diversion, just cheaper.

Yea, I think the Miller is the way I'm going to go.. It has a much nicer TIG torch and the foot pedal looks better built than the Eastwood. Plus it has one knob as opposed to 4. Super simple, and the digital screen helps dial in the voltage just right. Plus you can't beat a Miller. My dad has a Miller that is 40+ years old at the marina that still burns rods like a champ. Thanks for the +1 Kiley!

Offshore update: Ordered my Excel rim and SS spokes and nips from Buchanans yesterday. So that was the 2nd to last big purchase I'm going to have to make to finish the bike(last will be the rack of CRs). Should be ordering the Miller Diversion 180 TIG welder this week so I'll be ready to hit the ground running when I get home. Talked to my pops, said that our machinist will have my front hub and axle finished as soon as the guy does my dads parts first, go figure haha, so I'll be able to finish my front end up when I get home as well. Contacted a guy in Houma who trues spoke rims up for a bargain price so hopefully I can bring my front and rear rims to him and be done with those, plus next time on the boat put some new rubbers on them!

Well, that's all I have for now, sorry no pictures at the moment.. maybe I'll get one here soon of something out here at work.

Until then...

You got it all goin on mate ::) you are well organised even offshore put some of us land lubbers to shame hah :D she gonna run sweet with CR's :p they don't come cheap this side of the pond keep rollin mate not long before ya press that start button gotta put a video up of that moment fella

Posting this so I don't forget the website..

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/RR24.html#tab_aRR24_1

yorkie350 said:
You got it all goin on mate ::) you are well organised even offshore put some of us land lubbers to shame hah :D she gonna run sweet with CR's :p they don't come cheap this side of the pond keep rollin mate not long before ya press that start button gotta put a video up of that moment fella

Thanks, yea I try to plan my time home. I don't waste as much time if I have the parts waiting for me when I get there. That way I can hit the ground running when I get to the house! Yea, tell me about it, CRs are going to make me shed a tear! Yea, I'm ready to hear it run too.

I also have a Miller Syncrowave 250 with water cooler, a Miller CoolMate 4. It makes a huge difference for me. The water cooled torch is way smaller and you can weld all day at any amperage with light gloves. Just keep your fingers off the stock ha ha!
Cheers, 50gary

This is a great project Ronnie. Any idea when it'll be done?

50gary said:
I also have a Miller Syncrowave 250 with water cooler, a Miller CoolMate 4. It makes a huge difference for me. The water cooled torch is way smaller and you can weld all day at any amperage with light gloves. Just keep your fingers off the stock ha ha!
Cheers, 50gary

Yea, I don't plan on doing long welds, but if the heat becomes an issue I'm glad you recommend the other torch.. I'm also not sure if the basic tig I'm getting will be able to have the water cooled torch. Didn't really look into that, do you know if it does?

Big Rich said:
This is a great project Ronnie. Any idea when it'll be done?

Appreciate it, but I'm hoping this year, preferably before Barbers.. But we shall see. I'll get a good bit done this 28 days home. Lots of parts lined up to get assembled and welded.

Ronnie, you really don't need a water cooled torch right off. It's a separate unit that you can add later on if you choose. It is a nice option though. One other low cost option is a flex-head torch, Check that out when you buy. TIG welding is fun.
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
Ronnie, you really don't need a water cooled torch right off. It's a separate unit that you can add later on if you choose. It is a nice option though. One other low cost option is a flex-head torch, Check that out when you buy. TIG welding is fun.
Cheers, 50gary
Yea it is coming with a flex head torch.. That was one of the selliing points for me, not having to have the hose constantly pulling down due to not being on a swivel. Thanks for the heads up though, if I get more serious with the TIG I'll definitely look in to water cooled down the road.

Picked this up Sunday afternoon.. Miller econotig 170. Came with full tube of various types of rods, stand, tank, HF grinder for solely sharpening tungsten rods, foot pedal, and a whole slew of extra nozzles, tips, and tungsten rods. I think I stole it for the price hopefully I get some welding startrd this week.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370389145744.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370389145744.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 709
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370389155324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370389155324.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 735

Looking good, a flowmeter is preferred to a regulator. Nice big tank, 200?
I just refilled my tank today same size 200 $87.00
Cheers, 50gary

Re: Re: "Dago Roller" Resurrecting a 350F gently

50gary said:
Looking good, a flowmeter is preferred to a regulator. Nice big tank, 200?
I just refilled my tank today same size 200 $87.00
Cheers, 50gary
Yea we gave a flow meter (assuming it's the meter with the ball that floats). Yea, I believe that's the size of the tank, still full too and it's mine not a rental!

On my way to the French Quarter to hang with some buds so not going to type a bunch.. Got my pistons in tonight, tried last night and wasn't a success after two attempts. Have the head on it to compress the gasket. The head, which I got back Monday from the shop, isn't finished. The guy installed the guides but burnt up two reams trying to cut them to size. Going to try to try another shop tomorrow. So I'm a little disappointed with that, sets me back a little. Good thing I have a welder so I can start on the frame work.

Also, took the wheels off the 350f to bring to get the new rubbers put on.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370487901605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370487901605.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 198
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370487913707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370487913707.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 190

Haven't posted on here in a while due to my engine head being completely screwed up and I not having the tendency to post on here since its been a huge time and financial setback. I had to order a new used one on eBay. It's too long of a story to type out and I really don't like telling it because its not completely the shop's fault and some of it is because of my ignorance in this area of things. Needless to say, I have a head at my house ready to go, needs to be broken down, blasted, painted and reassembled. I'm just going to lap the valves and leak test them till they are right. I'm ready to get the engine completed so I can attempt to get it running. Also, my front hub is finally done from our machinist friend so I need to buff and polish that and the front rim to match the new rear Excel rim I bought. Need to go buy a powder coat gun so I can clear the hubs and rims, lace them up, and bring those to get trued.

Next, our drill press is finished so I can start making my pipes for the frame and swingarm and weld that up. Not to mention I have to weld up tank supports and such. Rebuild calipers and mount wheel to forks and install brakes. Without saying, I have a good bit of things to do and I'll do my best to keep this updated. I just started a Flckr account so I'm hoping to get my pictures organized a little better.

Getting off the ship tomorrow so hopefully updates will be soon and pictures will follow.

Until then...

Back
Top Bottom