"Dago" Resurrecting a 350F gently

Re: Re: "Dago" Resurrecting a 350F gently

yorkie350 said:
wow still as cool 8) everything ya do is top notch mate :p you got skills Ronnie thats for sure keep goin mate finish line closer everyday those carbs gonna be sweet wot was the cost on them if ya don't mind me asking not cheap :eek: i know that much but worth it ime sure :p gonna get back to finishing mine now all the vacations 'n' shit are out the way haha ;) ya got my vote BOTM when it happens ;)
Thanks yorkie, much obliged my friend. They came out to 740 with the extra 8 jets. But it would have been a huge hassle with the stock 350f carbs, plus they would probably have been slightly too small. I agree worth it in the end.

1fasgsxr said:
I can't wait to see this thing finished...I love the gas filler !
Yea me too brotha! Yea me too, I thought it would be unique and it adds to my character and background. So win win.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm about to bite the bullet on some clip ons.. Might get some Tarozis but need to do my homework on other options first. I can get OEM honda cbr1000 clip ons with everything on them for $200+shipping but they aren't adjustable which I may want. Or I could get the Tarozis for $130 and probably get the rest for a little over a hundred putting me in the same category and I will probably have nicer clip ons that are adjustable and new switches and controls. I just need the clip ons now so when I get home and I get my wheels back I can start working on tank and seat placement. Also, I may just order the full fairing while I'm on the boat... Have to make a few phone calls when I get into port next.

I'm at the point now that I can't move on until I get my tank and seat mounted to the bike. Can't get petcocks, can't start fairing the tank, making the seat pan and sizing the seat, rear set position and brackets, fender placement, wiring, engine electrical components, battery tray, fairing brackets and placement, etc. I'm hoping to get at LEAST the tank mounted when I get home, that's IF my machinist is done with my wheels(praying on that one). Thought I would give yall an update at sea of where this machine is..

Ordered my parts for the front end and electrical switches... Won't see those for 5 weeks but that's alright...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382410973332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382410973332.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 607
I will be ordering this bad boy this week though... And THAT I'm pretty excited about! I will be hitting the ground running when I get home because I'll be home for 2 short weeks and some of that will be in California looking at a sailboat. If my rear wheel spacer and front axle is done when I get home, be prepared to see a roller, because that's the only thing holding me back!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382411012565.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382411012565.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 188
So I have been snooping around eBay and CL for some exhaust mufflers off a CBR 600 or similar GSXr.. I think the Honda will fair better under the frame as it's fatter and not as tall as the Suzuki. I'm trying to get some dimensions from some sellers on eBay so well see. But either way I think an OEM exhaust for a 600cc bike will be plenty good enough for my 466cc engine. It's either that or I look at 450 dirt bike exhaust because they are more rectangular in dimension. Time will tell but that would be nice to get before I get home as well.

Flugtechnik said:
Hope everything comes together so you can have some fun while you are home.
Yea, me too.. It will be a busy winter for sure! I need to be ready for the next spring thaw!

Do you think the 450 silencer would have a large enough O.D.? I can get a measurement if needed.

1fasgsxr said:
I want updates on how those carbs work out for you... ;) May have to get me a set of those for mine

Well I thought about hooking the carbs and the coils up and starting the motor, but I don't have a engine stand and frankly just didn't feel like welding one up. So I may try once the bike is a roller. But TRUST me I'm ready to hook them up too my man!

clem said:
Do you think the 450 silencer would have a large enough O.D.? I can get a measurement if needed.
I don't know, I looked up more for the GSXR and CBR than a 450 dirt bike silencer. I'm trying to think what my 350f is after the collector. It's probably a good 1.5" easy. I did get a message back from a seller about the CBR muffler dimensions: the can is 16x8x5 inches, the pipe ID is 1.9 in, O.D. is 2.2 inches. So that's for a 600cc. I figure a factory exhaust will be somewhat restricted because of emissions, reliability, and whatever else so I think it would be a good match for about 460cc.

I'll be making the exhaust for the most part, I have a couple sets of 350f headers I can use but they are in rough condition so well see. I may have to just make my own from stainless pipe. If it's not too hard to check your 450 then the dimensions would be helpful for the cause.

ronnie said:
I don't know, I looked up more for the GSXR and CBR than a 450 dirt bike silencer. I'm trying to think what my 350f is after the collector. It's probably a good 1.5" easy. I did get a message back from a seller about the CBR muffler dimensions: the can is 16x8x5 inches, the pipe ID is 1.9 in, O.D. is 2.2 inches. So that's for a 600cc. I figure a factory exhaust will be somewhat restricted because of emissions, reliability, and whatever else so I think it would be a good match for about 460cc.

I'll be making the exhaust for the most part, I have a couple sets of 350f headers I can use but they are in rough condition so well see. I may have to just make my own from stainless pipe. If it's not too hard to check your 450 then the dimensions would be helpful for the cause.
Be careful on some of those GSXR's the muffler will bolt to a mid-pipe. You will need the entire mid-pipe ...but I am not sure on the yrs...

Re: Re: Re: "Dago" Resurrecting a 350F gently

1fasgsxr said:
Be careful on some of those GSXR's the muffler will bolt to a mid-pipe. You will need the entire mid-pipe ...but I am not sure on the yrs...
Alright, well good thing I was leaning towards the CBR pipe, it's welded so I just need to cut it where I need. Plus the Honda has flatter dimensions so it will have a better profile under the frame.

1fasgsxr said:
So you are going under the tail with it?
No under the frame/engine... Similar to a Buell. That is if I have the clearance, if not maybe out the side near the swinger pivot.. As close to the lower side of the frame as I can get for the most part. But time will tell on that theory haha!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ronnie said:
No under the frame/engine... Similar to a Buell. That is if I have the clearance, if not maybe out the side near the swinger pivot.. As close to the lower side of the frame as I can get for the most part. But time will tell on that theory haha!

OK I gotcha... this is what am I thinking on mine...

Attachments

• 07-gsxr1000-gp-black_1_1[1].jpg
    07-gsxr1000-gp-black_1_1[1].jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 212
I like both of those pipes, what mufflers are those? I know the GSXR isn't stock

Back
Top Bottom