Squirley's CB750 build

squirley

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hello all,
It has been a while since i posted here, but thought that i would add a few pictures of the cb750 build I just went through. Here's a little bit of a story, but unfortunately, thanks to imageshack, most of the build pics over the last few years are no longer available.

Life started out as a broken down, pieced together 1976 cb750f. After purchase, I immediately began to tear it down as most parts were not salvageable. The reason i did not post this build here when it first began was because I was building it as a surprise gift for my brother and he frequents this forum often.

The frame went through a bit of work, the tail end was cut off and I bent all new tube, shock supports, rear set brackets, etc. The oil tank is also built from scratch.

After the rear frame section was complete, I began to shape a rear seat pan from foam and then to fiberglass and bondo. Once i had a smooth shape that followed the frame rails, I proceeded to make a female mold. After a few more weeks of sanding to get just right, I was able to lay the seat in carbon and vacuum bag it.

Next up was the rear swing arm, a caliper bracket that i machined, and repositioning of the rear shocks.

Frame going back together. The gas tank is a bit of a mongrel...started as a Royal Enfield that required quite a bit of cutting and massaging to get it right.

Here's the first mock up.

And finally...here are some completed pics ready to surprise my brother.

Hope you enjoy,
Jens

That thing is wild................

Want to build another... 8)...?

JK....wish I had the talent.

Back
Top Bottom